Solo (and first time!) Disneyland - Live Trip Report!

I looked back and saw that you got one at the noon drop. Did you not try at 7am or did you try and not get one?

1 Like

I was just going to suggest Mickey and Me as the first stop! :heart::giraffe: Wonderful little store at Park Vue Inn. Family owned and operated for at least 20 years that I know of, they have tons of Disney stuff. Shirts, plushies, mugs, pins and most of the mini mart store offerings. I always stop there for their canned soda. $1 :blush: Beats the almost $4 in park

4 Likes

I started at DCA this morning so got a WS BG this morning. Hadn’t been called by noon so I dropped it to get Rise. WS still available so it let me pick it up again.

4 Likes

First Order resisted.

I’ve got dinner reservations at Wine Country Trattoria at 6, so have a little time to get over there. Going to walk through Frontierland and stop for a ride or two based on lines.

9 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Huge news!

15 Likes

Checked in for dinner a little early.

First course:

9 Likes

I’m gonna hijack your thread! I’m just so excited I don’t know where else to post where people will appreciate it. I just got done setting up my postponed, first ever, Disneyland trip! So glad they FINALLY opened up 2022 dates!!

I have done this countdown in 2019, 2020 and now 2021. If it finally happens this will mean my original countdown will have been extended from 435 days to 1163!!

12 Likes

:open_mouth: that’s one heck of a delay! When did you book for?

1 Like

And the main course

8 Likes

I originally, in 2019, booked for September for the Halloween fun. After seeing the temperatures still near 100 in September the last couple years, I decided to move to December. Besides, my birthday is the same as Walt’s! (Dec, 5th) I’ve dreamed of being there on “our” birthday!

I’ve been to WDW a few times that first week of December to celebrate. It being right after Thanksgiving & before winter breaks makes for low crowds. It’s usually a great time to go. I’m hoping it’s the same at DLR.

6 Likes

That sounds like a perfect time to go! Is this a solo trip or with the family?

This is my wife & I’s first ever trip as empty nesters! My daughter graduated high school 2020 and is, mostly,out of the house & at college.

I’m hoping for a nice time for us to reconnect and be “us” - not someone’s Mom & Dad. I confess… I LOVED how quiet, drama-free and clean our house was this spring with my daughter away! :rofl:

7 Likes

You could say that dinner was good. I’m stuffed, but every single bite of this was so good. The cheesy garlic potatoes in particular.

11 Likes

I’ll be interested to hear your ranking of your TS dining experiences

3 Likes

Will definitely make a note to share my overall thoughts. Have one more reservation for dinner tomorrow at Blue Bayou.

7 Likes

It’s so fascinating to be visiting while they are setting up for a holiday. Every day there’s a few new decorations added. It’s like a real life spot the difference.

5 Likes

Heading out for an after dinner drive on RSR.

6 Likes

Less than 5 minute wait, but it was my first loss!

7 Likes