Solo (and first time!) Disneyland - Live Trip Report!

While I appreciate his enthusiasm, I cannot stand it when people are oblivious at how their actions may be affecting the experience of those around them.

5 Likes

Up next, RSR. Posted 50 min, basically another single rider walk on.

5 Likes

I absolutely LOVE single rider. My whole family uses it! We’d rather wait less, besides we’ve met really nice and “funny” people this way.

5 Likes

Another round of single rider. I don’t want to jinx it, but my car has won every time.

7 Likes

Completely agree. Worth saving 45+ min of a wait to split up even as a family!

5 Likes

Do you find you win more with Paint or Tires??

2 Likes

I think I’m 3 for 3 each way.

3 Likes

Was heading towards Monsters but they announced a Philharmagic show was starting in 1 minute, so popped in!

5 Likes

I have only been in the paint shop once and I have easily rode it dozens of times (probably just shy of 100 times). I actually teared up when it finally happened. So I am a tire expert and have almost always won.

5 Likes

I clearly got lucky that my first two rides each went different directions! After the 4th win I started to wonder if it was a perspective thing and both cars “win” hahah.

3 Likes

Walking towards the exit to go to DD and caught Five and Dime and some characters!

7 Likes

Okay, so…. Confession time:

I have never had any interest in going to Disneyland. I always thought it was meant to be some smaller, inferior version of WDW. And while I still whole heartedly believe that the absence of Animal Kingdom and EPCOT will keep it in the #2 slot in my book, after following your trip, I’m adding it as a must do

The rides! The weather! The food! The proximity to alternate hotels! I am l.o.v.i.n.g. this report.

13 Likes

I am glad you now know that this is not true at all. In fact, it is superior in so many ways. I too love EP and AK, which is why you will see me visiting both coasts multiple times a year. But don’t discount the California parks, they are amazing!

9 Likes

Evidently La Brea is short staffed and couldn’t open the restaurant portion for breakfast. No information, notification, etc for my 11am reservation. I went into the Express side and asked to find out anything. Went ahead and just ordered from the express menu, but a little disappointing.

I grabbed a seat by the ticket gates. They are making lots of announcements that you can not purchase Magic Keys from the booths. Several people are seated at tables near me and discussing their current online queue time estimates.

Just had some cheers from folks who got in and purchased. Oh, whoa that’s actually Mondo from the Five Fires YT channel.

7 Likes

Ultimately WDW wins the #1 spot for me also, for AK and Epcot, plus that’s just where my own nostalgia lies. But DL is absolutely worth a visit. And it doesn’t need to be the long production that a WDW can sometimes be.

4 Likes

Wrapped up brunch. Heading back into DCA til I can park hop at 1. Going for the 12pm Rise drop but gonna find a ride in the meantime.

7 Likes

This right here is among the the many reasons DLR is # 1 for me. I enjoy WDW, but it is more work than I care to do for frequent visits. I am good going to WDW every 5 or so years.

3 Likes

Hit up Monsters again and now I’m sitting in the animation academy waiting for the 12pm drop. Figured this was as good as a place to relax for 10 minutes as any!

12 Likes

Signal inside was terrible so stepped out a minute or two before 12.

8 Likes

That looks delicious!

2 Likes