Solo (and first time!) Disneyland - Live Trip Report!

I found Lyft to be a lot better during my two more recent WDW trips as well. Not sure what is going on for Uber behind-the-scenes but their fares were awful

4 Likes

I only use Lyft. BC Uber’s corporate climate is untenable.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Starbucks and a churro acquired. While I enjoy these I’m debating what should be my first DL ride. Thinking Pirates based on wait times.

11 Likes

Pirates was excellent, of course.

11 Likes

Pirates was a 5 min wait, then walked onto Pooh.

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: That castle! I can’t wait to see it again!

6 Likes

Big Thunder was less than a 5 minute wait…so did it twice! Man, I can’t believe how long the ride is and the dynamite room is fantastic. Will be doing that many, many more times this trip.

I’ve got 15 min til I can check in for my Cafe Orleans reservation, so just gonna browse around New Orleans Square for a bit.

14 Likes

Do you think BTMRR is better at DL than MK? I do, but I’ve always wondered if it’s in my head.

7 Likes

I do. I’m sure a part of it was it being new and not knowing exactly what was coming, but even still I think DL has the edge. Both great though.

8 Likes

I can’t wait to ride it again! One more week!

7 Likes

11 Likes

What is that?

2 Likes

TY I wanted to ask too :thinking:

1 Like

This is the Monte Cristo sandwich. Deep fried ham, turkey, and swiss covered in powdered sugar.
I really need this to make it over to WDW. They had one on the menu at Bar Riva at the Riviera but it hasn’t returned since the reopening.

8 Likes

I don’t remember the powdered sugar on the Monte Cristo… only had it once though

That was the perfect first meal. It’s not necessarily the best value for the sandwich, my understanding is it used to be 4 pieces instead of 2.

My reservation was at 3:40, got checked in at 3:20 and seated almost immediately after. Wrapping up now. I always forget how much faster meals are solo!

Up next is Indiana Jones. It’s been down since I got here. Posted 30 minute wait, Single Rider not open.

11 Likes

This is correct, however the 4 piece did not come with the pomme frites. You had to purchase them ala carte. Also it is super yummy! I avoided for years thinking it sounded horrendous but there was always so much buzz about it. Finally during Touch of Disney I split an order with a friend and instantly fell in love! The boysenberry jam on it is what hits out of the park for me. I personally like that it is a smaller order with the fries. It is a heavy sandwich and would be way too filling if it was the full sandwich for me and I am no slouch in the eating department! Is Cafe Orleans serving the beignets again?

6 Likes

Oh for sure. The jam takes it to the next level. And also totally fair that the smaller portion with the fries is much more doable. That’s a good question about the beignets. I’m not sure though. I didn’t even look at the menu.

4 Likes

Well Indy was only a 15 minute wait, but when we got to the seat belt check the ride stopped for about 20 minutes. Eventually started again though. The set pieces in there are impressive, but I prefer the story line of Dinosaur.

7 Likes