So, the boats from WL to MK

So, according to everything I can find (the TP website), the boats don’t start running from Wilderness Lodge to MK until 30 minutes prior to park opening. This is UNACCEPTABLE! :wink: How am I to make RD and be chosen as the Family of the Day if I can’t get there two hours prior?

In all seriousness, I’m guessing the buses make the trip earlier. Does anyone know what time the boat to CR starts running? I’d be willing to do that and walk if that gets me there by the Touring Plans approved 45 minutes prior to RD.

Thanks again, all y’all.

Look at when the boats from WL to CR start running for Chef Mickey’s ADRS. Should be early enough. Hope that helps.

1 Like

An old disboards post says 6:55.

1 Like

We stayed at WL last summer (July) with crowd levels 8-10 and only used the WL to MK boat and never had any trouble making RD or seeing the opening. So unless you really want to be there 45 min early I think you would be ok to just wait for that boat.

1 Like

Hmmmm… I remember last oct walking down to the docks and the boat to mk was running… And it was early… Maybe 8am? But don’t take my word for it :wink:

1 Like

@rachaelmac22, why wouldn’t I take your word for it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I realize the boat takes 8-10 minutes to go from WL to MK and so I’ll be there far quicker than I ever have been before but I’m one of those Rope Drop or Die people because I’ve always had so much luck getting in early, getting stuff done and then relaxing. So, naturally, the unknown of boat transportation is something for me to obsess about.

Hahaha!!! But I will tell you… Last stay ( which was our first at WL) we wanted to take te boat to mk for mnsshp… Which I wanted to be at the gates at 4! Well, the mk boat took us to te campground and dropped of people there before heading to mk… Which is not what they told us was happening!!! Needless to say, I missed my 7dmt fpp! (Grumble grumble) we took the bus back to the resort at midnight… It was sooooo much faster and easier (the WL bus is the first in the row at mk!) I am a crazy person about timing and logistics so hope this helped you a little!!! Just think… We will be there in oct before we know it!!!

1 Like