So that has thrown me! Fast passes gone

Last time we were staying off site so booked 30 days in advance for rides (2018) - i have had a quick read but are there ANY advantage’s of staying onsite ( which we plan to do this time) as it appears if you want what was a FP you now have to pay for it?

Can anyone summarise how this now works if you don’t wish to pay for it… is it rope drop ( weep)
Used TP all the way last time and now i am thrown ( not going for over 2 years but god i love to plan) Barely queued at all in 2018 due to the TP schedule and fast passes

4 Likes

Welcome back!

This thread has all the basic info

3 Likes

The on-site advantages are:

1. 30 minutes early entry at every park, every day
  2. allowed to book individual Lightning lanes (ie, the ones for the very top tier attractions - Rise of the Resistance, Flight of Passage, Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy, and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train) at 7:00am rather than having to wait for park opening.
  3. Free parking at parks and resorts
  4. if staying deluxe, ability to use evening extended hours at Epcot and MK (sometimes one may be swapped for HS) once a week on Monday and Wednesday respectively.

That’s about it, other than the “bubble” benefits.

8 Likes

Another benefit is the ability to book length of stay dining reservations 60 days before your trip starts (instead of day by day).

8 Likes

Ah yes! I knew I would forget one.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put a whole lot of stock into the ins and outs of Genie + as it is now. In Jan 2024 Genie+ is changing. There will be an advanced booking of some sort but all the details haven’t been released yet

6 Likes

Wait, Tron is ILL now?! I must have missed that!!

1 Like

It is both VQ and ILL. The last couple of new rides, Disney has launched them with both options.

2 Likes