So my MiL is coming with now

And overall this is a good thing. DD7 is very excited and DW is happy her mom is coming with and having another adult to help with kids is never bad.

Problem is, she procrastinated for so long on finally making the decision to finally buy a ticket that most APRs are gone. We’ve had our tickets and APRs for months now, and yesterday morning when availability for our days (6/13-6/19) came open I said make a decision now! 4pm the decision is made lol.

Right away I hooked her onto my MDE and got APR for our EP and AK days and was amazed to get one for HS on 6/19! But there’s no MK for 6/13 or 6/18 and no HS for 6/14. Is there anything to be done besides checking constantly? If it came down to it I’d do EP a 2nd day but really like MK and HS the most.

1 Like

Did you try and book it for her even though it shows no availability? There have been lots of reports of people being successful that way, especially for 1 person.

Yes I have been checking every few hours with no success. I’m going to keep at it!

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Does she have hopper tickets? If so, she could at least join you later on those days.

But in the meantime just keep trying to book. Don’t worry about what the calendar says, just try and book the park. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: Don’t change your plans yet, there’s a lot of time left and they might drop more reservations.

1 Like

I was going to say this… hopper so can atleast spend afternoon together And if can’t find one I’d try hotel or guest services day of. No hurt in asking.

1 Like

Don’t change your plans. Keep checking. If availability doesn’t pop up, visit guest services or even the hotel check-in desk and see if they can help align her passes to your parks.

2 Likes

We’re staying offsite though, maybe this could be done at the TTC? I’m working today and at every stop I break out MDE and check lol. Just a matter of time

1 Like

Yes there are guest services locations at TTC, Disney Springs, and all park entrances. You might be able to try a regular ticket booth but you might need actual Guest Services. Maybe someone with experience will chime in.

I would 100% NOT count on them being able to add her in at Guest Services. I’ve seen multiple reports of people trying and no dice. Capacity is capacity.

That said, keep checking as I’ve seen that they are adding availability for parks as capacity is being raised.

2 Likes

This morning I called to ask about linking her ticket and an old Magic band. I also described my problem and the CM said he’d see what he could do. Somehow there was 1 spot for MK on 6/13! He then pretty much said what has been said here, check often especially in the morning and evening. So it’s looking better!

3 Likes

I know it is significantly further out, but I was planning a solo trip starting on 10/1 and settled for EPCOT. I am now quite happy w/ the plan and will hit up MK on the 2nd.

My daughter is now joining me and I wasn’t able to get a park reservation for her at EPCOT for the first. The date kept coming up as full for both EPCOT and MK. Someone here suggested to try making the reservation anyway, even though it looked full …and it worked.

Definitely keep trying.

2 Likes

I agree you shouldn’t count on it, but I have seen at least one instance of success where they already had a reservation for a different park. That said, were the examples you have seen of trying to add someone to an existing party, or where the entire party needed a reservation?

1 Like

Trying to add one person on.

1 Like

Well some decisions had to be made this week. I have been checking many times a day at all different hours and have yet to get HS on 6/14 and MK on 6/18. Meanwhile I’ve watched the availability calendar dwindle to the point where several days that week have zero availability now!

So I’ve hedged my bets and switched us all to EP on 6/18 figuring if another capacity increase happens I’ll still be checking all the time and can switch back to MK. We all like EP and have neglected WS on previous trips in favor of more rides so we can correct that thus year. And more tasty F&G food booths to try. As for HS on 6/14, I’ll keep at it and hope she doesn’t have to be left behind lol!

1 Like

I would suspect that after 7am, people drop HS ADRs if they don’t get a BG, and you could add her then. And if you had gotten a BG for the rest of the party, there is a chance guest services might add her to the BG if you ask nicely and have a little pixie dust blow your way. And if not, hopefully get her one on your other HS day, but at least she’d be in the park with you!

1 Like

Well the constant stalking of the APR page has paid off! After not checking since this morning suddenly there it is, one APR for HS on 6/14! Thanks all for the help and positivity, goes to show it does work out if you keep at it.

4 Likes