So . . . I guess I'm out?

DH doesn’t do this, b/c he KNOWS that I know pretty much all of it! HA!

a few years ago, some of his family members went to wdw. He tried to kind of tell them about planning what little he’s retained). Essentially they winged it and had a terrible time.

Stayed off site, no ADRs, nothing. Essentially just showed up at the park everyday (with about 5 kids under 5 as well) and expected ecverything to be great and as they wanted it.

The fact that they had a terrible time and never wanted to go again even made DH chuckle. Even he knows you need some planning and it’s beneficial to stay on site.

3 Likes

This is my sister. She’s such a Disney fan that she rarely goes anywhere else on vacation. But nearly all her memory cells are full of work info, so she’s not much in the know about Disney, even past Disney trips (her usual line: we did that?!). :joy:

When she shares Disney news, I usually try to remember to act happy to learn stuff. Cuz she’s so excited to tell me stuff.

And, as we’ve been sayin, ain’t too many Disney fans in our friends or families . . .

2 Likes

My DH bought a couple shares of Disney when the market bottomed out. Now he’s much more interested in updates on “our” company. :laughing:

I think he may have done it intentionally just to motivate himself to be more attentive to my random Disney info spouting. :heart:

9 Likes

All fair points. You need to do what is best for you. Know this … the forum will continue without you, but just won’t be the same. You will be missed. And if you are ever feeling down (you have mentioned this before), come back because you have friends here and people that like you.

5 Likes

and that my friend, is all that really matters. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Conversely, I did all of the planning for my sister and her triplets on their trip last summer and they had a blast! I was back home on my laptop following them around and getting SDFP’s. It was great!!!

3 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building
Perhaps you can come back with a trip report from your first outing with the dog and the new orange car!

5 Likes

If I thought this would work with DH, I absolutely would have done it!

1 Like

This might be positive news for you and sad news for the other overseas members.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-14/don-t-plan-on-summer-holidays-in-u-s-fauci-tells-the-british

1 Like

From a monstrously selfish perspective, that would be terrific.

1 Like

It’s very bad news for my son and his American girlfriend. She is supposed to be moving over here but is scared of flying and won’t do it without him!

I am so sorry! I knew that this would be as equally bad for some as it is good for others.

Well there are worse things going on. Hopefully she will work up the nerve to fly alone.

2 Likes

I was thinking about them yesterday. I am sorry to hear she has not made it over!

2 Likes

Well they’ll get through it if they are meant to be together.

2 Likes

I think I would say the same thing!

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I’m a Disney purist and I’d rather wait than have it be less than what I expect.

2 Likes