Snack credits on the DDP

I’m new at this Forum thing but am addicted to TP now as we plan our first WDW trip as a family-- there are 6 of us plus 2 grandparents for our trip in October. We have the DDP and I’m trying to understand about the snack credits and have a few things that are confusing me:

1- when they say that now a meal credit can be used towards 3 snack credits, but it has to be in the same transaction, does it mean that you have to use all 3 snack credits in the same place at the same time?
2- we will be there during F&W. does an item from each booth cost 1 credit on the DDP? are there some things that are not options on the DDP? is it clearly marked?
3- can we get away with eating only F&W “snacks” for dinner and not having a table service reservation? even with kids?
4- NO alcohol on the DDP, right? what about the Dole Whip with Rum at Tamu Tamu (that sounds like a winner!)?
5- are kid snacks and adult snacks all the same?

Thanks so much in advance!

Yes.

They will be marked with the DDP sign. Some things are not on the DDP so be sure to check.

ABSOLUTELY. 3-4 kiosks can fill you up. And with kids, you can likely find 3-4 items out of the 30 that they will enjoy. If not, you can always do a regular kiosk or a counter service.

No alcohol, even in a DW with Rum. but it’s worth the cash expense IMO.

Snacks do get pooled all together and are not separated out.

1 Like

Funny, but it is hard to find anything officially written by Disney on the new rules. The trading of 1 CS to 3 snacks need to take place in one transaction, at the same place. There was a report that a CM said you could do this at a food and wine booth, but this has not been confirmed.

A snack is a snack. There are no child snacks! Be careful! A water is a snack credit but so are some amazing foods in the booths. Use your credits for the expensive snacks!

All snack items have a DP after them on the menus. Most but not all food and wine items are snack. Unfortunately no, nothing that has alcohol!

2 Likes

1- when they say that now a meal credit can be used towards 3 snack credits, but it has to be in the same transaction, does it mean that you have to use all 3 snack credits in the same place at the same time?
This means that instead of buying a meal using one of your QS credits, you can use one of your credits to get 3 snack items as long as you use them at the same time.

2- we will be there during F&W. does an item from each booth cost 1 credit on the DDP? are there some things that are not options on the DDP? is it clearly marked?
Each item at the F&W festival booth cost 1 snack credit- If there are 3 things that are marked with the DDP sign, you could use 3 snack credits or 1 QS meal credit. They are clearly marked and there are some things that are not included.

3- can we get away with eating only F&W “snacks” for dinner and not having a table service reservation? even with kids?
IMHO You could but not sure it would fill you up unless you bought several items and that would use up alot of credits and some of them are small portions. The portion size is more like tapa’s You may want to google “selections at the food and wine festival at Epcot” and click on images across the top of the page. This will give you an idea of the size and help you determine if it would fill up your family.

4- NO alcohol on the DDP, right? what about the Dole Whip with Rum at Tamu Tamu (that sounds like a winner!)?
Correct, no alcohol

5- are kid snacks and adult snacks all the same?
Yep! all the same

1 Like

thanks! so, for example, if we did F&W booths for dinner, and wanted to use a meal credit for 3 snacks (and let’s assume, for the discussion, that it actually works, considering your comment, PrincipalTInker) then 3 different people could theoretically choose something from that booth in exchange for 1 meal credit (and move on to the next booth)? i guess i mean does it matter whose name/magic band the meal credit is used from?

theoretically, yes. a CS meal could be exchanged for 3 items from the same booth since it will be one transaction.

It would likely pull from the Adult CS meal credit, not the children’s. All of the Adult meals are pooled together, so it won’t matter whose band you choose.

1 Like

@DarthDopey, have you seen anything official that says that 1 CS will be traded for 3 Snacks at a booth? What about the “official” trade in rules? Are they in the 2016 DP pamphlets?

1 Like

I read about it on the Disney Food Blog, but I know that doesn’t mean it’s “official.”

I can find this: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2016Dining.pdf

Which seems to have a twist on what is allowed, but I know the deluxe is wrong- so this whole thing may be as well.

1 Like

I always think that @DarthDopey has the most reliable information, so I would trust her always, over the Disney food blog :smiley:

1 Like

I’m trying to find where I saw it. I can SWEAR I saw it in a TA email and not just from FoodBlog and other sites. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be so sure about it.

I know someone posted on chat the other day that one of those new Disney vacation planners said you could trade a the booths but I am overly suspicious of CM info these days.

The official announcement that said you could exchange a CS credit for 3 snacks only listed a very limited selection of locations that would do it. Not to say others won’t, but unless Disney posts (or had posted and I haven’t seen) something official, I wouldn’t plan on being able to do it.

I am trying the DDP for the first time, so this very helpful to me. The one question that I can speak to is the F&W question - I spent two days at F&W last year, and I did not eat anything that wasn’t from a booth (except for a croissant from France bakery early in the a.m.). For kids, I do think it might be harder - it depends on how open they are to trying new things. But it’s easy enough to stop at any of the QS places in world showcase and grab them a kids’ meal while you snack your way around F&W. We are only going for only one day this year, and that is my plan. The thought of having a full meal elsewhere makes me anxious that I wouldn’t be able to try as many different items. That said, if you are relying exclusively on the DDP and do not want to pay OOP for anything, it may be a different story. My priority is to try and much as possible, so once my snack credits run out, I will be paying cash with no regrets, lol. :lollipop: :cookie: :dango: :spaghetti: :pizza: :wine_glass: :tropical_drink: :beer:

1 Like