Sling Dog Dash---Why are adults riding?

Visiting WDW for the first time since 2012 so SDD is new to me. It has been compared to Barnstormer at DL which I rode once when my kids were little and didn’t think it was worth the wait.
If you don’t have kids in tow, why do adults ride this? I get the attention to detail, but if it’s the excellent theming and detail, you could enjoy it by just looking at it and not waste RD or FPP.
Just curious.

1 Like

I haven’t been since it opened, but it looks really fun and I’ll certainly ride it once.

Plus, it’s Disney. Adults ride Dumbo. Adults queue to meet Mickey. I’m not sure why SDD surprises you.

6 Likes

Because it’s superfun. It’s not a wild rollercoaster, but it has its moments. It makes me laugh and smile when I ride it.

9 Likes

I haven’t been but it’s far from Barnstormer. People rank it on par with BTMR in terms of thrill.

7 Likes

Will you try 7DMT? I agree with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, Slinky Dog Dash is just plain fun!

7 Likes

You absolutely cannot compare Barnstormer and Slinky. Barnstormer is something you suffer through because your toddler wants to go on it, Slinky is fun in much the same way as the Mine Train and Big Thunder Mountain. Not a huge thrill, but lots of fun. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I don’t think Barnstormer is a fair comparison. I thought SDD was a little underwhelming, but far better than Barnstormer, even before the theming and detail.

3 Likes

I am going to say, that for me, I greatly prefer SDD to 7DMT.

Edited to add: it is Disney. I travel with adults only. My last trip I went on the Magic Carpets and Triceratop Spin. I would be sad if any ride wasn’t for adults.

16 Likes

I to prefer SDD to 7DMT. It’s a smooth yet exciting ride with its dips. It was DS’s favorite coaster ride at Disney this fall. He’s 12 and not a thrill seeker but can hold his own. Don’t look at my ride photos though :wink:

4 Likes

We actually decided not to do 7DMT at DAHs. We used the time to do other things. We decided that after an earlier ride on SDD.

1 Like

Slinky is just so fun. It goes mildly fast but the theming and the ride itself is so enjoyable. The first time my son and I rode it we were grinning the whole ride in between random outbursts of “this is so fun!”

4 Likes

You all are enticing me to check SDD out with my DD19 this May. Don’t have a FPP for it and won’t do a RD (we are late starters), but if the lower CL has made the wait not so bad, I’ll try it. Glad to hear it’s better than Barnstormer.
P.S. I would ride Dumbo w/o kids because it brings back my own childhood memories of which I have none for SDD.
Thanks for the replies.

dodge

7 Likes

No comparison between Barnstormer and SDD! SDD is super smooth (thank goodness!) and a ‘thrillier’ (is that a word!) ride…IMO :grin:

5 Likes

SDD is fun–more fun than Barnstormer and I think more fun than 7DMT.

4 Likes

I’d choose it over 7DMT (if I had to!)

2 Likes

I rode my first time with a single rider about my age (pushing 60). In front of me was my 27 year old son and his 29 year old girlfriend.Everyone in the vehicle had a great time.

3 Likes

I wish I got to ride SDD more than once to really get the full enjoyment. We will have to plan an extra ticketed event at HS to get some more rides. Unfortunately not getting back there soon enough. :sob:

1 Like

You might check out this article…

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/toy-story-land-touring-at-night-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

In it, he details tackling TSL at night without a FP to SDD. I thought it was very informative.

2 Likes

See all the love for SDD even over 7DMT! Do it, will both enjoy it!

2 Likes