Skyliner worth seeking out?

Is the skyliner worth riding if you don’t actually need it for transportation?
My daughter and I are hopping from AK to HS to meet up with family. If it’s really cool maybe we’d take a bus to a resort and do the Skyliner to HS.

1 Like

I would say that it definitely is. It’s like a ride. Quite a long one, too, if you do the whole thing. Great views.

5 Likes

You can’t bus from park to park anyway, you’d have to go to a resort to catch another bus to HS, so you might as well!

There are direct park to park buses for 2:00 hopping now.

8 Likes

Oh, good!

I agree w/ @sanstitre_has_left_the_building… it’s a ride. My DH loves it… silly man. Sometimes we ride it just for fun, take off our masks, and eat a snack while riding.

2 Likes

It’s worth it, especially now while they are only seating one party per gondola.

3 Likes

Sounds like an idea for a rest day. To just ride it.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely! The ride from CBR to HS is really short, so for the full experience I’d bus to Beach Club or Boardwalk and ride from the IG by Epcot to HS. Sometimes we take a side trip on Skyliner during our Epcot day just for fun!

4 Likes

It is a lovely, relaxing, scenic ride. We rode from IG to AOA/Pop.

2 Likes

for sure, go explore other resorts and get a cupcake at each one (oh wait, that’s my plan)

3 Likes

Yes! I would take the bus from AK to Riviera so you get two segments on the way to HS. Or if you want to go all in, bus to Beach Club and do 3 segments, but that will obviously take longer.

1 Like

Thanks that’s really helpful.

1 Like

There are direct buses. I’ve seen em in January and last Oct

Edit: oops @PrincipalTinker already said this! :wink:

Some people do pub crawls. Some do pastry crawls. :laughing:

5 Likes

I can’t wait to ride it, and it’ll be the perfect excuse to explore the resorts too.

Related: I just realized my planned skyliner ride might not actually work. We’re staying at Beach Club and have a 7:30ADR at Topolino’s. Had originally planned to ride from IG to Riviera but since Epcot doesn’t open until 11, I’m now thinking there’s no way skyliner will be running…on that current day, current earliest park is 9am. How do I get to Riviera in time (with two kids who should be in car seats)?

In my 2019 trip, we took a bus from AK to HS, and then rode the skyliner to CBR and back, just to ride it (it was opening weekend). Super short ride but we checked it off our list. :joy:

1 Like

I definitely fall in the latter of the two (although I did love a good pub crawl back in the day)

1 Like

If AK opens at 8am, could catch the first bus. Last trip they started 75 min before so 6:45am, then catch a bus from there to Riviera. When breakfast is over you could maybe take the skyliner to Hollywood which is opening at 9am right so it should be running there by then. Then you could take a boat from there back to BCR.