Skyliner route

Wondering if anyone has experience with getting to EP IG via Syliner for EMH? I am coming from FW Cabins. Should we bus it to a SL resort? If so which one?

1 Like

That would be tough - you’d have to bus to a park and then take that resort bus so you could Skyliner. It would be super challenging for early park entry.

Your best bet - if it’s important - is a Minnie Van to Boardwalk or BC/YC

5 Likes

Do you mean EMH, or ETPE? The former is the extra two hours you get at night once a week. The latter is early entry.

You might try taking the earliest bus possible (if ETPE) to HS, then walk (or boat or Skyliner) all the way to EP IG.

4 Likes

I am going to try to do this in June. Hoping it works out.

1 Like

I don’t think they are eligible for EMH by staying at Ft Wilderness.

1 Like

Right. My brain was thinking Wilderness Lodge!

2 Likes

I meant ETPE. Trying to hit Remy and Frozen before the waits get too long. This will be in August on a Tuesday, predicted CL 6.
It will also be our first time on the Skyliner.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of work and A LOT of time. Just uber/lyft to Swalfin and walk to IG

5 Likes

The only reason to do it would be for Remy. Frozen, you are no better off than just going to the main gate.

When we were there last time, and entered through the IG, the main gate folks actually got to Frozen well before the IG folks. We were at the very front of the IG pack, but the people who entered the main gate still were ahead of us.

When we tried to be front of line for Remy, Remy ended up having a delayed opening, so it didn’t pay off.

I say this to say it is a lot of work for something that might not really offer much benefit!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone! I am glad I posted the question as it sounds like it might have been a whole lotta work and extra $ spent with not much to show for it.

I am thinking a leisurely Skyliner ride and resort hop on our “rest day” might make more sense.

I had also thought about riding it midday when we are trying to avoid the highest crowds at EP, but it will probably be :fire: in the little “glass box in the sky” that time of day in Aug.

3 Likes

Actually, they have lots of big windows that open up to become large vents, which allow quite a bit of air movement. It’s more like sitting in the shade with a nice breeze, even if it is a hot day. Not an oven.

4 Likes

There’s a nice breeze in the skyliners.

5 Likes

As the others said, it actually feels nice and breezy…UNLESS it stops moving for a bit, which can happen from time to time. Not often, though.

We have done several trips on the Skyliner just for the fun of it. Worth doing at some point. (We had a lovely time when we did it during sunset! Here is a picture I got…might be hard to do it at Sunset in August though, since that would be quite late.)

4 Likes

What a great photo! :heart_eyes: I can’t wait to check it out.

2 Likes

I will add then when we went November 22, entered through IG. Got there early. We did Remy then frozen no wait, when we got back out we got back in line again. It was a rather slower time but for us that early IG entrance worked well.

3 Likes