Skyliner Maintenance fallout

I will be touring Epcot during the week of 1/16-1/22/24. WDW is reporting that the Skyliner will not be in service due to maintenance that week. How should that effect rope drop strategy? Can I risk doing Frozen prior to hitting Ratatoullie?

2 Likes

Welcome. You could Uber from your resort to Boardwalk. RD Ratatouille and LL Frozen.

1 Like

I would do whichever is your higher priority, but i don’t think the Skyliner situation will necessarily alter the crowd pattern. Ratatouille will still by slightly more popular at RD than FEA, and if you are there early enough, you can do Remy > FEA within early entry or just a bit more.

1 Like

Eh. Be careful with this. Without an ADR at BW (or BC or YC) you may not be allowed past the gate, even in an Uber/Lyft.

Have an early breakfast?

5 Likes

People have had better luck Ubering to Swan or Dolphin. They don’t seem to be as stingy letting guests in who don’t have a reservation.

5 Likes

Not that this helps OP but it’s silly for BW because the BW is advertised as a destination and has places to eat like Big River Grille that you don’t need a reservation for. And the nightclubs but I suppose I could see them limiting hours.

3 Likes

I suspect – but I’m not sure – that BWI would be more lenient for those coming in the afternoon or evening. I think they are more restrictive during the RD timeframe. But then again, I know Flavia was turned away from GF at night when she was trying to get to Enchanted Rose. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

you don’t think that ‘no skyliner’ will reduce the numbers from IG?

1 Like

You still have three resorts full of people who can walk there, and others who might bus to HS and walk over.

It might make a small divot but not a big pit

3 Likes

It takes out Skyliner access from Pop, AoA, Riv and CB. That’s 6700 rooms of the 11726 rooms that are in reasonable walking distance of skyliner access/ IG entrance. I would think IG entrance will decrease at least by 20-30%, if not more.

4 Likes

This is probably true but I think about those displaced to Epcot main entrance will still head to Remy first regardless, so I don’t think the order of operation should change if you want to do both Remy and FEA.

3 Likes

It also means if you manage to snag IG entrance at EE RD during the Skyliner downtime you will be just slightly ahead of the pack than if it was in operation.
I haven’t stood in the Remy standby queue. But whichever is nicer would be my RD pick with an LL to the other.

1 Like

This seems to be true. @tiggerpal was held back at the Epcot main entrance until EE started I think, so she was behind those of us who RDed from IG.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this is the question I’m answering though:

1 Like

Right. I agree that if standby Remy and FEA are on the table, it’s not worth the risk. Hit Remy first.

1 Like

Data points:
I’ve Ubered from the Swan portico multiple times in August and this week and they do not care at all as far as I can tell. Non-stop ubering happening every time I’m down there.

2 Likes

But this was for full parking. With the Poly construction they are super limiting parking, but nightime Uber are fine.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good to know.

1 Like

Yeah - I thought we were going to get walked up closer and we were definitely not. The number of people we saw walking toward us when we finally got let go was a lot. Oh well. Still got to ride with some of the group!

3 Likes

YMMV, and this is just one person’s experience, but we just mobile-ordered coffee and bagels from the BoardWalk Deli last Thursday. The guard at the gate just waved us through. Didn’t even ask to look at my phone. We rope-dropped Ratatouille with all the early entry people and were only in line for maybe 8 or 9 minutes.

4 Likes