Six Flags Great America ongoing TR

I live about 45 minutes from SFGA and I received a season pass for a fund raiser that I did last year, which includes one free meal. On Saturday I decided to go down and activate my pass and enjoy some time at the park. There was rain in the forecast and as I was driving the rain started. It was not a hard rain, but it did not stop. I got there around 1:30 and all of the outdoor roller coasters were not running because of the rain. They did have the flat rides running. I spent about 2 1/2 hours there and made a loop around the park before going home. I was soaked to the bone when I left.

5 Likes

I hope your next time is a bit drier! Did you like the overall look of the park?

2 Likes

With it raining and being wet, I did not really notice the park being dirty. In the past I have noticed things like gum on walls and items that had been thrown by guests into waterways, ie. change and hair ties, but I attribute that more to the type of people that go there.

3 Likes

Have you been back? Iā€™ve contemplated taking my kids as we live about 1hr away. Iā€™ve heard crowds are lower this year than normal.

2 Likes

Where-ish are you?

My bad. I saw SFGA as Georgia. See itā€™s Indiana. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Great America is just north of Chicago in Illinois.

2 Likes

:+1:
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:GoOd GriEf :astonished:
Carry on.

2 Likes

Youā€™re high in the mountains, things happenšŸ˜†

1 Like

No.
I was in a 12-passenger van
Trying not to get car sick
But still couldnā€™t put the phone down
But not actually using my brain

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have not made it back. Possibly I will go again on the 6th of July.

1 Like

Oooh, I will be following along as another semi-ā€œlocalā€-ish person. Grew up going to Great America yearly, but havenā€™t been back in 7-8 years. Every winter, we will take the kids to spend a weekend next door at Great Wolf Lodge and every time we drive past I think I need to make an effort to go back.

This was one reason we stopped going. Ruder and rowdier crowds, which lead to dirtier and more rundown park, and worse experiences in waiting in lines. Hopefully things have improved.

2 Likes

I am going to be signing up for the Coaster Challenge again this year on September 14th at Great America. It is a fund raiser for Special Olympics. 2024 Coaster Challenge - Campaign (soill.org) This will be the sixth year that I have participated in the event. If you love coasters and are in the area, it is a great time.

2 Likes

Good luck and have great time!

1 Like