Single party, two reservations? (Plaza Breakfast)

Making Plaza Inn Breakfast with Minnie reservations; we technically have a party of 7, split between two families (5 + 2). I noticed that there has been much more availability if we make two separate reservations vs. a single 7 person reservation. Anyone know if we’ll have any trouble sitting together? Do they seat you or can we just sit together no problem? (You’d think I should know the answer to this, we did this two years ago…)

Thanks!

1 Like

For Minnie’s you will definitely be sat by a hostess. I would go a little earlier than your ADR time, let them know that and also if you’re willing to wait, let them know that up front. But it’s definitely not guaranteed and dependent on what capacity they have to have those table sizes next to each other.

This is our problem in August. I make my dining in 2 weeks and have been practicing.
I’m a group of 9 (6 and 3)
I can’t even find a 6. So we will do 5 and 4 and stop and request together when we walk by earlier in the day and hope for the best

1 Like

Ah, good to know thanks! I’ve been able to get 8:30am reservations for 7 but that’s the best I can do. I can get any time for 5/2. Going to have to decide whether to use the 8:30 or take the chance and go with the later time and asking them…

Just came back, and I can confirm that they merged our reservations (5 and 2) with no problem. So you hopefully shouldn’t have any issue.

That said, having done Goofy’s Kitchen this time in addition to Plaza, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Plaza Inn. Goofy’s is the same price and an infinitely better experience (way way better food, better atmosphere, better character experiences). We did get some great characters at Plaza (Pooh, Tigger, even one of the mice from Cinderella) but I’m in love with Goofy’s now. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Interesting. The plaza buffet for breakfast with an omelet station and solid simple breakfast has always been a very happy breakfast for us. And we LOVE the sheer number of characters with the chance at a couple of exclusive characters you get at Plaza. We’ve usually gotten anywhere from 6-12 characters. And we’ve had some really fun characters too, especially Hook, Rafiki, Tigger, Fairy Godmother, the Cinderella Mice & Max from A Goofy Movie.

Goofy’s Kitchen also has a special place in our hearts though as it’s been the one with the hands-down best interactions we’ve ever had with Goofy & Minnie specficially. But also my younger DS when he was 2 months old on his first trip did his fist real smile there right when Chip was meeting us and I have the most adorable pictures of that moment. And Chip & Dale overall that whole meal were amazing coming over several times and interacting with all of us. So it’s great one too. And the food has improved over the years, but I would say very similar to Plaza Inn still, like not that much better, and they’ve kept the PB&J “pizza” that has always been a family favorite.

But glad you got to try them both out & have a favorite!!

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Did you check on a little early to ask about it? We were thinking of stopping by on our way to mention it but I don’t know if that’s too early and just come 10-15 early.

I’m doing goofys also so I’m in for a treat!

For Plaza, we actually arrived 5 min late. :innocent: But seating wasn’t an issue at all for our 9:50AM reservation, and we were only converting 5 to 7. So it certainly wouldn’t hurt to show up early.

Goofy’s is more limited on their seating and seems to me to be one I’d recommend coming early for; we actually had a 7-person reservation for that one so it didn’t matter.

2 Likes