Signature Dining Opinions

My ADR date is coming up in 3 weeks for an anniversary trip with my DH. We have the DDP so want to try several signature restaurants. I would appreciate opinions on these.

Narcoossee’s vs Citricos?
Flying Fish vs Yachtsman?

I have not been to Narcoosee’s but my husband and I had a really nice date night at Citrico’s.

That being said, if you are looking for signature on the monorail, California Grill is the way to go - particularly if you want to view fireworks outside the park.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes we are definitely going to California Grill. I haven’t decided on brunch or dinner yet.

1 Like

The only one on your list I haven’t been to is Citricos. We had a good meal at Narcoossee’s and the experience (seeing fireworks from our table was nice). I think I would go with Citricos.

I absolutely love the steak at Flying Fish. I would pick that over Yachtman’s every day (but I had a very bad experience at Yachtman’s and others have not).

1 Like

Is Jiko on your list?

3 Likes

Flying Fish is amazing

2 Likes

Jiko is not one I’ve considered. We’re not super adventurous, more steak and potatoes types. The other options we’re looking at are Le Cellier and definitely Brown Derby. We honeymooned at Disney and want to revisit a couple of places like Brown Derby.

Jiko is fantastic. My second favorite restaurant at WDW after California Grill.

Narcoossee’s is the only place on you list of 4 which I have eaten at. It was good, but not amazing. I would not go out of my way to eat there again, but if someone else in my travel party wanted to go, I’d be ok with another meal there.

3 Likes

Well Jiko has some fans so I’ll take a look. Any thoughts on brunch vs dinner at California Grill?

Good plan to give Jiko a look–I rank it just behind CG when it comes to signature dining (the food may actually be better but I just love the location of CG). I’m mildly fixated on brunch at CG. It is truly a fabulous dining experience. If you love brunch and sushi and bottomless mimosas, then pick brunch at CG. Dinner is wonderful too.

1 Like

Jiko is fabulous. You can be adventurous or more sticking to the basics and/or a mix of both.

On CG, I have not been to brunch (cancelled in April, darn pandemic). But dinner is truly great.

2 Likes

I’ve been to every restaurant mentioned so far (both brunch and dinner at CG) in the last 30 months and baring any atypical circumstances you would enjoy your experience at any of them.

Because you specifically asked:

• I’ve eaten at Narcoosee’s many times and the nautical ambiance reminds me of being home on the Chesapeake Bay. In all those years I have never, ever had a bad meal there. Citrico’s is a more formal setting and actually shares the kitchen with Victoria and Albert’s I can truthfully say that the staff at Citrico’s is top notch and not a single detail is missed. The quality of the food is comparable at both, but for an overall experience I would go to Citrico’s

++ @OBNurseNH Flying Fish is amazing and I give it a nod over Yachtsman for ambiance. You would think that since I gave Narcoosee’s marks for ambiance that I would feel the same about Yachtsman but it doesn’t have the feeling that Narcoosee’s does.

Just like Citrico’s the service at Flying Fish is superior and neither is a place to go is you are in a rush to get someplace else. .

3 Likes

Thank you all so much! Looks like I have a lot of great options. I’m actually getting excited about booking ADRs. We just cancelled our June family trip so really hoping things are more normal in December. I’ll let you know what we decide.

2 Likes

We have done both in the past year. Dinner and watching fireworks from our table were fabulous, but the brunch was simply spectacular. Between these two I’d go for Sunday brunch if it can fit into your schedule.

2 Likes

I’d probably boil Flying Fish vs. Yachtsman down to if you prefer seafood or steak. Both are very good. Flying Fish is likely slightly better ambiance. We had excellent service at both. I’d likely lean Yachtsman for our family if we could only pick one again as we skew more to steak, but we enjoyed both on our 2018 Epcot resort trip…

1 Like

You NEED to try the Flying Fish NY Strip!

1 Like

I’m thinking my wife probably did, but I don’t think she shared - maybe I need to talk to her about that :grinning:. Fairly certain I went fish to go with their specialty. I think the difference is while Flying Fish does offer very good steak its more limited in the choices. Looks like FF has a Wagyu Filet & the NY Strip currently while Yachtsmen offers 4 choices. I’d happily eat at either again though…

1 Like

I would go with Citrico’s over Narcoossee’s, Both have very good food, but I thought Citrico’s was better, For ambiance, Citrico’s is a hands down win. I can’t help you a lot on the other choice. I haven’t been to Yachtsman yet, nor have I been to FF since the renovation and new menu.

2 Likes

Sounds like Flying Fish is the winner since you could have fish or steak! Thanks!

Everyone seems to love Citrico’s so I’m definitely going to try and book Twelve more days before we see how lucky we are with the ADR’s.

1 Like