Shows at Hollywood Studios

Fair enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

My thought always was, I can see a Disney stage show anywhere. I can only see a stunt show with planes being blown up and recreating scenes from the movies at DHS. Which is why I loved the old DHS so much more. The LMA show, Indy and the Backlot Tour were our “must dos”.

Which is why I haven’t seen a single stage show at WDW. I’d rather see a full version of a show in a theatre than a 30 minutes shortened one.

Do I have to have seen the movie to enjoy Frozen at DHS?

Nope! It basically tells the whole story in about 30 minutes time and even more entertainingly than the movie - especially if Equity Ben is there!

4 Likes

DH and I saw the Frozen show, and he actually likes the movie now. He really enjoyed the show!

1 Like

We have no hard core frozen folks in our family and some who don’t like the movie at all and all of us loved the HS show. Also, our boys loved Indy so much they actually asked to do it again later the same day and I moved things around so they could. The first time we went, I didn’t include it because it didn’t seem as exciting to me when I was planning. The second time I did just to try something new. They loved it and it was easily one of their top 5 things from all the parks. None of us were impressed by Little Mermaid

I would limit the number of shows to what you think your boys can sit through without driving you crazy. Then pick the ones that interest you most. There’s plenty for kids at WDW. They will be happy overall no matter which shows you go to. and they probably won’t be aware what you’re skipping. That said, I agree that Frozen is a great show, very funny. and my boys loved Indy.

Indy is hands down the best show in DHS; I try to see it every trip. I find LM enjoyable, it’s relatively short and with the number of showings it’s pretty easy to fit it into a TP. BatB was a one and done for me; it’s OK, but other than Belle and Gaston the whole thing is pre-recorded. It’s quite long, and with only a few shows a day (plus having to get there early) it becomes a major event that has to be planned around I’ve only seen the Frozen show on You Tube, but that was enough to let me know I don’t really want to make the effort to see it; I became totally over-saturated with it, and sitting in a room full of kids belting out the songs (in multiple keys) falls onto one of my personal rings of Hell. If it was me, I’d do Indy and LM.

1 Like

Two years ago I went to see the Frozen show with our kiddos, reluctantly, as my dad had mostly planned the trip and had put it on the itinerary. Oh my goodness, my dad and I laughed so much we were crying!!! Our kids, then 4 & 7 but not huge Frozen fans, really enjoyed the show and the snow at the end. This last October we were all excited to see it again… girls were then 2, 6 & 9 and they all enjoyed it, as well as my husband who to this day has avoided watching the movie.

2 Likes

Okay I think me and DW had a change of hearts. Planning on dropping B&B and LM and adding Indy and Frozen.

Anyone have a view as to whether FPP for Indy or Frozen would be more beneficial? We have to swap out our LM FPP for one of those shows.

2 Likes

The fastpass for Frozen doesn’t get you seated any earlier than the standby folks. It just guarantees you get into the corral to wait for seating. When we did it last summer, they had already let a ton of standby people in so it didn’t help us get a good seat at all. I would get the fastpass for Indy. I think it has a reserved seating area for fastpass holders (though if I’m wrong about that I’m sure someone will let us know!).

Indy never even occurred to me! I kind of assumed the boys (3 and 5) would be too young - they’ve never seen a non-animated movie or tv show. Should I give it a shot anyway?

Our boys 5 and 7 don’t watch live action either. So I prioritized Frozen based on input from DW. We bumped Indy down to the evening for our optional return to the park after lunch and break.

If anyone wants to convince me that going back to HS in the evening is worthwhile I am all ears.

When is your trip? I suspect the soon to be opening Lightening McQueen show will be a hit with little boys and might rise to the top of the list.

The first week of March, so McQueen won’t be open yet (it opens at the end of March, right?) but otherwise you would be absolutely right!

From what I have read, the Disney Jr Dance Party sounds like a very similar (but shorter) version of the current Disney Jr Dance Party On Tour. I took my then 3 year old daughter to the on tour show last May. If it’s accurate that the HS version is similar to the On Tour version then I think 7 might be on the too old side. I’d say the target audience would be 2-5 years old. Do your kids watch Sophia, Elena, Vampirina, Muppet Babies and Roadster Racers?

I’d save Indy for a later trip. We prepped our boy for indy at almost 8 yrs old by seeing if he liked a few INdy movies. at 3 and 5, and never having seen live action, and understanding stunts and actiing, I’d be a little apprehensive. The Indy show is an absolute blast, but there’s explosions and sword fights, and things might be “tense.” you know your kids way better than me tho. BTW, at 8, our son LOVED the Indy show. It really is great. The show is explained before it starts, and audience members are selected to participate, and there are plenty of lighthearted moments. There’s a decent chance your kids will love it.

They know Mickey Roadster races but that’s about it. But they love music and love to dance!

My boys have never seen the Indiana Jones movies or anything like them and they loved it!

Whole family including DD5 & DD7 enjoyed Frozen, it was excellent, while Little Mermaid and BATB were nice, it was once and done for everyone.

I would echo this sentiment.

3 and 5 might be a bit young perhaps, from the point of view of the loud explosions and sudden “shocks” (tension moments).

But simply as an action packed stunt show, most kids I’ve seen in the audience just love it, a few are dis-interested, and very occasionally one or two get a little teary about the bangs.