Show some Liner pride

My PPO of BOG didn’t work out like that. I had 2 6YO daughters and one of them wanted a biscuit. Like, REALLY wanted a biscuit. We had more food than you can shake a stick at and she started crying because she wanted a biscuit. Of course, we had everything delayed and didn’t get to do anything because we took too long because she was crying. Over. A. Biscuit.

One way I had flexed my knowledge was that I had studied the maps very intently so when we first got there and everyone goes straight for the maps, I told them we didn’t need one. When they said they wanted to go on a certain ride, I just told them to follow me.

6 Likes

This is both me. We married at 40, but DH had never been on a non-camping vacation before me. (He’d stayed in hotels, but not for vacation) He grumbled about the first hotel stay, but only the first. So, neither DH or DD know anything except vacationing with mommy.

As far as the map, I learn it and navigate in the beginning. Then we switch to single-file to make crowds easier, and he goes first.

I have a sort of opposite example, but it shows my families expectation. One vacation, the 5 months beforehand were super-stressful. Our renter moved out early, we prepped the house for sale (lots of work), sold it to the most insane people my realtor agency had ever seen and then the house we’d had a standing offer for 5 years went on the market (ignoring our standing offer). I would have figured out dining during that 5 months - but I didn’t. We were driving from Vegas into AZ in the middle of nowhere and DH turns to me and says, 'Where are we eating?" I had to say, “I have no clue.” Super stressful.

5 Likes

Oh man! I remember doing that shortcut with my dad the year that Buzz opened. I was about 14 or 15 and had planned everything. Adults were in awe :joy: (and here we are today)

5 Likes

I have driven in this area many times and there are only a few towns I will eat in, so I have to plan in advance where we’re stopping! Which is to say I can relate.

1 Like

My son recently told my husband about something that was updated in the park. My husband said, “How did you know that?” and my son replied, “Mama. So it’s probably right because she knows everything about Disney.”

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

I’ve probably had my share of Liner moments - as well as my share of fails. :smiley:

I know my wife appreciated when I scored CBR for a net daily rate of $75 on one trip due to nabbing the latest discount and them stacking a construction rebate on top.

I know my kids appreciated when I took advantage of a FPP tier glitch one year and was able to book multiple Tier 1’s in EPCOT one day.

I think my recent favorite, now that my kids are older and I think more aware of tactics was when we went to MNSSHP 2 summers back. About 35 minutes before the parade was set to come through, I walked my family up to a spot in the hub and shifted them over until they were exactly where I wanted them to be.

I could tell my son was giving off the “what’s the big deal with this spot vs the one I randomly stopped in, dude?” vibe. But then a few minutes later some CMs walked over and installed poles and ropes right next to us, then made everyone else move back behind a line in the pavement.

I pointed out that spot meant NO ONE could be in front of us or even next to us- and the parade would slowly work around the hub and come RIGHT at us. Great for photos! They were suitably impressed.

15 Likes

8 Likes

i’d like to thank the academy…

8 Likes

Ds15 and I were walking somewhere and he wanted me to hurry up, so he told me, “Mom, make believe we are at Walt Disney World and you want to get to a ride!” :rofl:

7 Likes

So, where on that map were you? i.e. the Ultimate Primo Spot?

1 Like

X marks the spot (s)

1 Like

“Son, stand exactly at this spot on the curb and don’t move!”
…(son rolls eyes)…

:joy:

2 Likes

Right…my DD is so spoiled. She was upset this trip when friend wouldn’t RD because she knows and she won’t wait in anything longer than 20 min ha ha ha. 14 years of the good life.

3 Likes

Ugh feeling the spoiled life right now as I review touring plans for next week… um 38 minutes? no thank you

1 Like

Yeah it’s tough for us even if it’s better overall without having the FP line slow down the regular line. Plus the reporting is so wildly off right now. When I got in line for TT it said 45 min and was 30 but when I got in line for KS in AK it was 20 and was 37. This is official Disney reporting. We got in line for JC with a 40 min expected wait that was 30 min when we left Splash and it was really 65 min. 65 min for Jungle Cruise…really!!! Never in my life have I ever until now…

1 Like

Ummmm… yeah I was going to skip JC, but my travel buddy really wants to ride it. So help me if it’s that long of a wait. Not my favorite, and up there on my least favorite line environments.

Now Splash, I would be annoyed, but at least the ride time to wait time ratio still wouldn’t be that bad… and it’s my fave.

3 Likes

Hashtag same

2 Likes

The jokes on the radio were funny even if I’m pretty sure I heard repeats. LOL

2 Likes

That we waited 30 min for when TP said it was like 6 min and Disney said 15. I kept watching your report and how the times were overreported for you and was so green with jealousy because the opposite kept happening to us. LOL

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s rough! We did have a couple of waits that were longer … Test Track and Soarin’ come to mind. And those ones were basically an hour each. Yuck.

1 Like