Show some Liner pride

X marks the spot (s)

1 Like

“Son, stand exactly at this spot on the curb and don’t move!”
…(son rolls eyes)…

:joy:

2 Likes

Right…my DD is so spoiled. She was upset this trip when friend wouldn’t RD because she knows and she won’t wait in anything longer than 20 min ha ha ha. 14 years of the good life.

3 Likes

Ugh feeling the spoiled life right now as I review touring plans for next week… um 38 minutes? no thank you

1 Like

Yeah it’s tough for us even if it’s better overall without having the FP line slow down the regular line. Plus the reporting is so wildly off right now. When I got in line for TT it said 45 min and was 30 but when I got in line for KS in AK it was 20 and was 37. This is official Disney reporting. We got in line for JC with a 40 min expected wait that was 30 min when we left Splash and it was really 65 min. 65 min for Jungle Cruise…really!!! Never in my life have I ever until now…

1 Like

Ummmm… yeah I was going to skip JC, but my travel buddy really wants to ride it. So help me if it’s that long of a wait. Not my favorite, and up there on my least favorite line environments.

Now Splash, I would be annoyed, but at least the ride time to wait time ratio still wouldn’t be that bad… and it’s my fave.

3 Likes

Hashtag same

2 Likes

The jokes on the radio were funny even if I’m pretty sure I heard repeats. LOL

2 Likes

That we waited 30 min for when TP said it was like 6 min and Disney said 15. I kept watching your report and how the times were overreported for you and was so green with jealousy because the opposite kept happening to us. LOL

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s rough! We did have a couple of waits that were longer … Test Track and Soarin’ come to mind. And those ones were basically an hour each. Yuck.

1 Like

Soarin’ was 30 for us when posted 45 and we RD’d Soarin so it was like 25 min because we came from IG and the front gate people beat us. But man did we pay for it on JC! LOL You could almost say Soarin’ or TT or Splash are worth it but JC, 65 min nope! I don’t think I got a FP+ for JC ever and still didn’t wait 65 min for it so I don’t know what’s going on there.

1 Like

When we started going when I was a teenager, I was always the one who studied the map and led the group, then became the lead Fastpass runner when that arrived. We didn’t go again after 2010 until 2019, and that’s when I found TP and got deep in the weeds. My husband had been skeptical of all my planning, until we had an arrival night dinner at ‘Ohana. As we walked out, he said “Maybe it really was worth you watching all those videos!” He trusted me from then on. When we invited my siblings to join our trip this year, my dad told my brothers, “Just relax and do whatever she tells you to do - it’ll be great!”

7 Likes

I remember that glitch. Also I remember how snippy some people were on another forum because some got a chance to do it and some didn’t. Instead of being happy for the ones that got lucky, a lot of people got angry. That’s when I started spending more time here.:wink:

I also did a similar parade trick but, for the regular parade that ends by the barber shop.

Just minutes before the parade gets there, they blocked off the curve around Town Square, right in front of City Hall. We stepped in right behind them. The performers passed behind us to go clockwise around Town Square, then turned in front of us to go behind those big doors. You get to see them head-on because of the turn. It was awesome. Also, no waiting- just stroll right up at the end.

Like a lot of other liners, my kids kind of grew up with me knowing some tricks, but this was a new one. We never bothered with parades before because of all the waiting. They really loved it!

7 Likes

Me three. To me it’s always worth a longer wait because it’s a longer ride.

My DH and kids were pretty impressed by me getting RotR twice on our recent trip. But I still don’t think they have any idea how much I practiced and worried about it! When they got off the ride and couldn’t stop talking about it, I felt it was worth it.

7 Likes

I have a similar story. I was knee deep into writing my masters thesis when our family decided to guilt us into taking a trip across the country. I thought I made it clear that since I was the only adult in our group that hasn’t been to this destination, and because I was so insanely busy with writing and teaching etc, I was not going to plan a thing. I did what everyone else has been doing for over a decade, and I literally just got on a plane and showed up. The first morning there, they look at me during breakfast and say “So… what’s our itinerary???” Ummm, I do not know! It does show expectations. I’ve always been the planner, and I guess I always will be. Sometimes it would be nice to “just show up” and follow someone else, though

6 Likes

It is nice but also not in my DNA. Lol

4 Likes

Mine either. Follow someone else’s plan? (shudder)
This is why I have no interest in a cruise. Some nameless authority is going to tell me when I can eat? Which chair I can put my towel? What time I have to be back to the boat? Nightmare.

In college I met up with my friend who had been an exchange student from Sweden when she did her post-graduation continental trip. Her friend Whats-Her-Face and later The-Big-Swede joined us. They wanted to plan but had no clue. So frustrating.

2 Likes

We had to do the Clifton Strengths at work and my number 2 is Strategic. I need to strategize. Lol.

1 Like