Should we do DAH on a Universal trip?

We were originally going to go to Disney during our Spring Break, but now we are doing Universal instead. Last year we only had a day and a half at Universal and it rained most of the time. So, DH and DS want to do Universal and have plenty of time at the parks and to see City Walk and also Volcano Bay and to just relax at our hotel. I found out that DAH at MK will be available during our trip, and DH is agreeable to going. So, the website states it will be from 10:00 pm - 1:00 am. Would we still be able to get in at 7:00 pm? If so, can we make any fastpasses from 7-10? Also, I’m kicking around the idea of having dinner at Chef Mickey’s so we can park at the Contemporary and then walk to and from the DAH - would this be allowed or can we only park there during the time for our dinner?

2 Likes

This seems like a great plan. Yes, you can make a reservation at Chef Mickeys (or the Wave or Cali Grill if you prefer) and then park at the CR for the evening. We got in at 7pm last December for DAH, and yes you can have FPP on that ticket alone. Have fun! We loved DAH last December, the park was so empty (also very cold, but that won’t apply to spring break).

4 Likes

Just reserved Chef Mickeys for 5:20 on the night of the MK DAH…couldn’t believe we could get that time! I think that would give us plenty of time to eat and then walk to MK around 7:00…

5 Likes

Perfect! We ate at the Wave on our DAH night about the same time, and walked over at 7 as well.

2 Likes

Have you eaten at Chef Mickey’s before? Both times I have been there, it has been about 90 minutes (if you want to meet all the characters) from arriving until we left. That probably gets you to MK a little after 7 pm. Of course, if you are there to eat and not focus on the characters, you will be able to leave earlier. If you really want to get to MK by 7 pm, the Wave would make that more likely.

1 Like

Yes, we have. I think with it being a buffet and being able to get our food rather than waiting for it we’ll be okay with the time. Dinner time there starts at 5:00, so we plan to get there around then and maybe get in earlier than 5:20. Characters are a bonus as DS will be 11 when we go, and even last year when we spent a week at Disney he was getting more “meh” with meeting the characters.

1 Like

So another question…we won’t have magic bands, so what do we do for the actual DAH ticket and fast passes?

1 Like

Did you already order them? If not, you can choose hard tickets to me mailed to you in the shipping options. If you already ordered and they are linked to your MDE already, then you will need to go to Guest Services and get a hard ticket.

1 Like

Have not ordered yet, so good to know-thanks!

1 Like

I just bought DAH tickets for Nov 18 and I was emailed an attachment and printed them. I’m not sure if that is because it was less than 2 weeks out?