Should I trust the "1"s I am seeing for Sept 2014?

I will trust the 1. Will have DD2.9 with me along with DW, so if we even make it to 7pm it will be a late night. Although we may have to stay longer than our usual 5pm if it keeps clearing out because of the party.

I also noticed the crowd level changed from a 2 to a 1 somewhat recently. I think it was updated because of the party that night.

Yes, September crowds are historically that low. Still a bit too hot for my liking (I go in Nov or Jan), but excellent for crowd levels.

Sept is more crowded than it used to be but still way better than any other month of the year.

1 Like

I trust the 1-3 and the 8-10. it is the other numbers that get me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@MagicMN - This is our fall break, and our 5th year going to Disney mid September. Some of the least crowded days are found this time of year. If you want to make the vacation “Educational” you are can join our class at Epcot on September 15.

Yes, we were there last year 9/18-9/23 and it was great! There was a party that night that we were not going to (but we snagged Cali Grill ressies and watched Hallowishes from there which was AMAZING). At 1:30pm there was a 10 minute wait for Space Mountain. Peter Pan did have a long line and the Speedway was 30 minutes but we were able to switch around our fpp. However - last Sept FPP was still in testing phase so only a handful of us resort guests could use it - and we could still get paper FP, (so we took that opportunity to ride test track 4 times in a row, but I digress…). We could easily switch our FPP then, but when I went in early with level 3 and 4 days, it wasn’t always possible, so definitely make those reservations for the big rides. If you plan to do RD and take afternoon breaks, then use the FPP for the afternoon/evening, since you’ll get in most everything in the mornings with a decent plan of attack.

Hi @eriinfo! My family will be in MK that morning too- 9/1. My feeling is a lot of people will use their party tickets for park admission later and not be in the park earlier. We have a pre-RD bfast at CRT and intend to do as many rides as possible early on!

We are taking advantage of Thurs-Friday late Sept. Jewish holidays days off for NYC public schools and flying down. I have never been to WDW on anything other than a 8 - 10 day. Not sure I can handle it without the pressure!

2 Likes

I’m excited to hear this too. We’ll be heading there the first week of September and since my DD is only 3, I was hoping to make this a more relaxed trip to not make her too crazy. :smile:

I’m so happy to read the info in this thread… Are first trip to Disney was in September 2010 and we are going the 26th through the first week in October. I know they’ll be some crowds but hopefully it will remain low and we can enjoy some walk-on rides! Pulling the boys out of school one last time before they hit high school​:blush::blush::blush: of course I said that last year as well when I pulled them out in May…lol​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The numbers will drop drastically after LD weekend. I’d still book FPP for your favorites, and still walk on many rides through out the day. The only downside is the parks are not open as late :frowning:

I am trusting you @MagicMN.

I was looking at crowd level 4-6 for next week all during my planning. During the three weeks leading up to departure day, crowd level numbers changed to 6-8.

What a great thread to read to get excited for our early Sept trip! I’m just hoping that the lower crowds mean I’ll have a shot at getting a FP+ at 30 days for 7DMT as an AP holder. We will see. I’m afraid they will all be gone!

I tried last night at midnight to get 7DMT for 9/1 (crowd level 1 on crowd calendar), and there were none left. Hope it works out for you though, @madhattermom. I will keep checking and of course you should too if you can’t get it right away.

Checked back in this morning and just got FFP 7DMT for 9/1 for 5:30-6:30! So make sure to keep checking!

1 Like

Great news @eriinfo! Thanks so much​:blush: We are also going to MNSSHP party while we are there so I think we MIGHT have a chance to ride it then. Though I don’t want to waste my whole party standing in line. Excited that you got a FP+! Congrats​:clap::clap:

Actually the effect at 5 pm is the opposite. You still have regular guests in the park but party goers start entering at 4, so 5-6 can be busier than early in the day.

Thanks @B_squared. I just got a FPP for 7DMT for 5:30-6:30, otherwise we’d probably leave at our regular time around 5 or so, since we have a small child. We’ll probably leave after that last fast pass. It will be fun to see the people in costume coming in as we leave.