Should I go on this cruise that you can't go on?

Hooray!

1 Like

Of all the cruise liners you chose the right one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have started a new thread for my planning and trip report.

4 Likes

Where is your room now?? I thought you had a pretty great room before!

Deck 7, midships, right by the stairs. Itā€™s next to some kind of solid wall, which gives sound protection from my neighbour on that side, and increased veranda privacy from them.

3 Likes

Ah ok, does sound great! So excited for you and canā€™t wait to hear about your experience!

I go back and forth around being excited and nervous for aft but I think weā€™ll be fine.

Aft is fine and I think preferred if you can swing one of the deep balcony rooms on the very back. Forward is where you donā€™t want to be for seasickness reasons.

Edit: if this is your first time Iā€™ll say itā€™s a bit unsettling that feeling of movement as you always feel it. But it doesnā€™t make me sick and every single virtual ride like Simpsons and star tours do. We even literally sailed around the ā€œeasyā€ side of a hurricane last time I kid you not when none of the other cruise lines dared and were the only ones in port (might have been one other actually) and you could most definitely feel it that night but I still didnā€™t get sick. And we were closer to the front because we were concierge and thatā€™s where most of those rooms are as thatā€™s where the concierge lounge is on the cruise before that and I was fine too.

2 Likes

Thanks! Great to hear! We do have one of the deep balcony ones so that is what makes me excited. And we are sailing out of NYC so my DH is really pumped to watch the skyline behind us as we leave.

Iā€™m ok on Star Tours, not my favorite maybe. I really just avoid Mission Space at this point. And Iā€™m otherwise fine on like large ferries or fishing boats which have been my main sources of maritime transportation until October!

1 Like

Those look awesome. Especially for a longer cruise. Totally worth it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so exciting. I hope it all works out. I want one of those so bad.

1 Like

Where did you find the NYC one? I tried searching but didnā€™t see that listed as a portā€¦

You had me a little worried because they keep cancelling them bit by bit! But there are two left. Maybe thatā€™s why you canā€™t find them. For this year there are only two Halloween on the High Seas. We had wanted to go over Columbus Day but @sanstitre_has_left_the_building and friends in the UK are keeping the Magic around a little longer than originally planned!

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/list/#september-2021,october-2021,new-york-new-york,spooky

Bumping this to post this video from the test sailing. I think some of the original rules have changed, no masks outdoors for example.

4 Likes

And another one with a heck of a lot of blethering at the start. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes