Should I cancel BOG Dinner and replace?

Thinking of cancelling BOG dinner in April and replacing it with 1900 Park Fare Dinner as well as Liberty Tree Tavern (2 table credits, we’re on the Disney Dining Plan.) Thoughts on this move? We have BOG breakfast quick service another day so we’ll still get an opportunity to check out the castle.

If that’s the right move for you, then go for it. 1900PF and LTT are both great meals. BOG dinner was good the last time I went but it was 1 credit, I’m not sure it’s worth 2 even though it’s slightly different now. I’m doing lunch because I still want to go inside, and you’ve got the breakfast. We’ll be missing out on meeting the Beast though.

3 Likes

I did think of that as well…it’s the only time on our dining plan that I feel like we’re making a bad use of credits…h

1 Like

We really loved LTT last June for dinner we are going back this June for lunch and we are doing 1900 for breakfast as well.

2 Likes

The character interaction at 1900 is unbeatable. Those step-sisters really know how to work a room. I would recommend that meal for them alone.

2 Likes

Though I wouldn’t book it just for them like I did, as you then run the risk of being horribly disappointed by seeing Suzy Mouse instead, as I also did unfortunately.

3 Likes

We just ate BoG dinner and it was not worth it to me. It’s our most expensive meal this week and that includes California Grill. I just wasn’t that impressed. The food was fine, but not $60 worth. And it was nice to meet the beast, but I would not pay that kind of money again.

1 Like

Suzy mouse was the only character there?

It was our only 2 table service meal on the list (we already paid for CRT so not counting that) and after we broke down the cost it was either pay out of pocket for it or scratch it and have 2 different dinners using our credits. Thanks for the input!

LTT + 1900PF is a much better use of credits than BOG.

I went in December. Half hour wait for my table. Nowhere to sit while waiting (whole area packed). Restaurant loud and crowded. Starter: soup, OK. Main: steak, good. Dessert: trio of goodies, good.

If you’re already going for another meal, you’ll get the BOG experience.

It’s not on my must-repeat list.

1 Like

Oh no! Cindy and the Prince were there, but I hadn’t booked it to see them, I’d just heard how funny the stepsisters were and that’s what pushed me to book it - I’d have never booked a princess meal otherwise, with just a DS11.

1 Like

We loved BOG dinner but that was when it was one credit, I wouldn’t do it now unless you were hugely into meeting all the characters, as the beast is only found at dinner. I found 1900PF lacking, problem was I went with high expectations. We all loved Ohana. If you are considering a signature restaurant what about CRT, it’s the type of place you want to try at least once.

2 Likes

We have reservations at both Ohana and CRT…I actually think I’m going to swap it out for Yachtsmans. DH is an absolute carnivore, and I feel 100% of this trip is geared towards our kids. We’ve never been to Disney, but if I had to give a description of a dream vacation, backpacking Patagonia and not seeing a soul, being in the wilderness for a week, would be DH and I’s top pick…so Disney, during Easter with insane crowds is, well, 100% for the kids. We picked that time because of work and school, we know it’s not ideal. We’re going for 8 nights, intend to rope drop everyday, have hours of down time daily and a full pool day built into our schedule (Saturday before Easter,) staying on property, lots of character meals, low expectations for ride quantity, and I’m working on some phenomenal personalized TP’s through this site.

3 Likes

Where are you staying?