This is very good advice. Some years ago my daughter wanted a dalmatian plush, we saw one on our first day at MK but I convinced her not to get it on the very first morning. Needless to say, it was the only place that had them in entire WDW. So, we ended uo buying her something else AND ordering the dalmatian after our trip
So if you really want it, grab it!
As for places to shop, ones I try not to miss, just of the top of my head:
- Emporium: all around good selection in all categories
- Big Top Souvenirs: like the theming!
- Mouse Gear: being refurbed now…
- Mexico pavilion in WS: just my favorite of WS, unique merch
- Mitsukoshi in Japan/WS: very unique selection of Japanese things, toys etc
- All SW related stores! Keystone clothiers, Tatooine traders, all of GE of course
- Island Mercantile: I reckon they had quite a bit of unique merch and generally a big store like Emporium
- the bazaar at EE and windtraders in Pandora have some cool land-specific things and nice theming