ShopDisney $500 Sweepstakes

Heads up: $500 ShopDisney sweepstakes. Will ask for a login, but as this is on an ABC site you can use your Disney login. Looks like one entry per person between now & 12/17.

1 Like

It is worth noting, only those eligible can win…which means, you must reside in one of the following areas/counties. It isn’t open to just anyone.

The DMA of WABC-TV covers the following counties: BERGEN, NJ; BRONX, NY; DUTCHESS, NY; ESSEX, NJ; FAIRFIELD, CT; HUDSON, NJ; HUNTERDON, NJ; KINGS, NY; MIDDLESEX, NJ; MONMOUTH, NJ; MORRIS, NJ; NASSAU, NY; NEW YORK, NY; OCEAN, NJ; ORANGE, NY; PASSAIC, NJ; PIKE, PA; PUTNAM, NY; QUEENS, NY; RICHMOND, NY; ROCKLAND, NY; SOMERSET, NJ; SUFFOLK, NY; SULLIVAN, NY; SUSSEX, NJ; ULSTER, NY; UNION, NJ; WARREN, NJ; WESTCHESTER, NY

1 Like

Thanks! Didn’t pick up on that. :slight_smile:

For all: Your local ABC affiliate may have their own sweepstakes entry… when I googled I saw that at least the Philly ABC station has one too.

1 Like

No problem. I always read the fine print on any contest/sweepstakes, because as your father used to say (or, well…at least, mine did), nothing in life is free. Sometimes there is some hidden “catch” to a sweepstakes, where by entering, you agree to, for example, selling your personal info, or have to appear publicly for some promotional thing, etc. Sometimes it is simply to get you on some kind of mailing list to start sending you advertisements, etc.

Anyhow, point is…when I went looking for those kind of details, I noticed the bit about the eligibility!

1 Like

For sure! I usually read the fine print too, but probably focus on the “enter once” or “enter daily” more than the privacy than I should.

FWIW: Except for Disney/ABC contests where they already have my info, I use throwaway email addresses from my domain and a Google Voice phone when entering. (Figure my address is in public records anyway.)

When I start seeing that email or phone getting spammed I write a filter to drop it and then start up a new one. I use a similar dedicated email technique for all of my accounts - makes it easy to see which sites have gotten hacked or decided to sell info since I know the one site that it should be connected to. Also easier to abandon that one email address.

That’s a good idea. I have my own domain, so I think it could be easy enough to do the same.

1 Like

You can probably guess that among the worst offenders for sites where I had to change my email address is… LinkedIn.

Looking at my password database I see I have had to change that email SEVEN times over the last 9 years.
People love to scrape email addresses from that site.

Now I use a unique format for my email addresses there. Something like…

linkedin.YOUSUCKSCRAPERS.DEC2021@mydomain.com

:smiley:

Hack Time