Sharing Disney Christmas with our new family (a belated trip report)

The first time we are at Yachtsmen I believe we had the deluxe dining plan. We had just ate at Jiko and Flying Fish the two nights before that but at Yachtsmen it was obvious our server did not want us there. I honestly don’t know what we did, the food was very good but it has been well over 10 years since that experience. It just made us feel bad. Funny how one person can make you feel that way.

I know we should complain about them knocking on the door so early. I actually think they entered the room and found them sleeping. Although I do cast compliments, I feel like I complain way too much so I hesitate.

Oh! For some reason they never charged me for parking at GF. It was a comped room, not on my DVC, I was expecting to pay.

11 Likes

Yup! I’ll never forget the sneer on our server’s face at Il Mulino as he tossed - yes tossed - the check onto the table at the end our our meal. He was so irritated with us. It was gross and it will have me thinking twice about going back. But, that said, I do always try to remember that one person doesn’t make a whole restaurant and your experience will give me the encouragement to try again

6 Likes

Lovely photos @PrincipalTinker :star_struck:

5 Likes

I’m so glad you finally used the comped room and that you had a good experience at Yachtsman. Most of all though I’m glad you decided to share with us - I love all your Christmassy pics!

7 Likes

To me this says the whole stay, including parking (which was free at the time the voucher was issued, wasn’t it?) should be comped. I’m glad you weren’t charged!

8 Likes

I would definitely complain. Especially since you spoke directly with the offender and they still continued to harass you. They can’t kick you out of your room before checkout.

3 Likes

I actually read a pretty long thread on The Dis a few months ago that this is becoming an increasing issue at certain DVC resorts( both the early knocking on check-out day & being already checked out when you go online to checkout in app). The general solution of the folks in that thread was to leave a post-it on the door the night before checkout letting them know around what time you plan to vacate. That seemed to keep them from knocking, so I added that to my trip notes for February. You really shouldn’t have to do that, though, for what you pay in points or cash for a dvc room. I’m so sorry that y’all had to experience that, and I do think a complaint is warranted. They have evidently given excuses regarding needing to know which rooms are ready to clean, so that they can get them all done by 4, but if their check-out feature in app was working, they would know-no? It has to be a known issue at this point, as there were dozens of DVC members effected and complaining to management. The fact that the issue hasn’t been rectified yet, though, is :rage: .

ETA: Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photos :heart_eyes:. Your son and daughter-in-law are such a cute couple!

9 Likes

Holy cow! Those empty streets!

Is that your son and future DIL? Such a great picture of them!

9 Likes

I know. And then put that picture side by side with @PrincipalTinker … oh, wait.

3 Likes

That is them! Walking into AKL reminded us of how much we used to love it there. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

7 Likes

Thank you! I will add it to my packing list!

6 Likes