Shades of green info

Hi liners- a friend of mine is booking a trip and staying at shades of green. She is looking to me for info about that resort and all the secrets she needs to know- I’m not very familiar with that one so please give me the lowdown, or send me links to research so she can have a great (FIRST) family trip!!

Thanks!

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/ is the definitive source for all things military/Shades.

We stayed there in late March - it’s great. Rooms are huge, pool area was nice. No Disney theming, but a great (cheap) hotel!

1 Like

by cheap… the cost are value rates for deluxe accommodations. Room rates/charges are based on rank. The smallest room has 2 queen beds w/ a pull out sofa, balcony, kitchenette.

What I’m seeing so far is that its better to walk to the poly to catch the (boat)/ bus to MK/Epcot)
but the buses to AK and HS are ok from SOG.
also no DME? any rec’s how to get them from the airport. 3 kids, two need boosters.

@Jeff_AZ used QuickSilver

Quicksilver Transportation - thoughts? - Walt Disney World - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

and at the end of the day you can just use the SoG busses to get back to the resort from the parks. You can use them to-from, you don’t need to walk over to Poly… that’s a bit of a hike.

2 Likes

thanks. I also have Tiffany towncar bookmarked in my phone (for future reference) for myself.

1 Like

Also,
I’m having trouble finding out if its considered a “good neighbor” hotel where reservations can be booked for your full stay, or if they have to be booked daily.

1 Like

I think it’s always been full stay, with all the (pre-COVID) privileges of an ‘onsite’ hotel - EMH, FP+ at 60 days etc. I guess we’ll see what that looks like post-COVID.

1 Like

It’s on Disney property with all but ME service.

2 Likes