Seriously?

Have you tried the reservation finder? The room fax? Have you ever been in Hollywood Studios and realized you do not know where Lyft picks up- but you can go onto chat and have step by step directions in seconds? Have you ever waited for park hour to be extended or Flight of Passage fast passes to be dropped and find out about it in seconds? Did you ever want to prove a “know it all wrong”? Have you ever felt sad, lonely, lost? Touring Plans is this community- that is the value.

14 Likes

I don’t have anything to add, but everyone has commented on this thread and I was feeling left out. :wink: I’m sorry you’re frustrated @fdwarren and I hope you stick around for the remainder of your subscription. The group of people on this forum are the best in the world.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Hehe is this the new “Godwin’s Law”?

2 Likes

It’s funny to hear what drew people here. I literally found touring plans by doing a google search of “what order to do rides in at disney world” The crowd level thing was an “icing on the cake” for me, and then ultimately I realized it doesn’t matter much — the touring plan is what matters!

And then I found Lines chat (like three years later - I’m such a dolt!). And then Len made this awesome space.

Great now I have all the feels :heart_decoration:

7 Likes

Or else it would be CrowdCalendars.com instead of touringplans.com :smiley:

5 Likes

:::googles Godwin’s Law:::

LOL

2 Likes

I love every single thing about this response. Every. Single. Thing,

2 Likes

Googling was how I found Touring plans as well. I don’t remember what I googled though. My DH thought it was nuts until we went on our trip and he experienced the results of my research.

1 Like

I found it by buying the book. I’m old school.

7 Likes

I only just bought my first copy of the actual book this fall.

I previously purchased one digital copy

After a handful of (very wonderful) Birmbaum-led trips a friend mentioned Unofficial Guide. At first I ignored her suggestion until I heard it referenced o another message board. I bought my first guide and now I buy them even on years I don’t have a trip. And I’ve spoken highly of TP and UG on that other board for over 11 years. :slight_smile:

But seriously - I strongly preferred avoiding crowds more than ANYTHING else. Now that WDW is doing a “better” job of evening out those seasons, I’ve had to up my game, but I still like to pick less busy parks first.

I always refer people to Birnbaums for a great overview. It’s pretty, lots of pictures, and brief information. When they’re ready for the nitty-gritty - I tell them about UG

1 Like

on value, I have bought (and will again when the timing dictates) the VIP ulimates thrills tour for myself and DD20 multiple times at about $600 a pop. For normal plan-it-yourself headliner rides (and thus do everything your DD’s heart desires), the < $20 per year is, for me, a no brainer
The tool i use the most is actually not the pre-planning, but the in-park wait times and warnings on ride outages, FPP availability.

My parents bought the book for our first trip in 1992 and we had it for every trip. It was only in 2012 I thought ‘you know what, I’m going to check out this app they mentioned’. I read the first page of chat several times a day but there were so many times I wanted to respond, after a couple of weeks I subscribed.

5 Likes

I’m the bold parts above.
And I am looking forward to spending time here as I learn more about my possible December trip. (I say possible, bc after reading the current SeaWorld thread I’m leaning toward making it a DC/SW/BG trip and just put the MVMCP in…

My mom bought me one from AAA when we bought our tickets in 1994. I bought one in 1997 and 2000. I didn’t use any books til 2007 because once I enjoyed my first FP. :smirk:

Once I bought the first UG I sort of accepted the challenge to boost my commando-style to another level…

1 Like

You can not access chat on the app (have you tried it?) or anything in LaCava without a paid subscription.

Wait, what feature is this?

When Liners find out stuff like that, they post it on chat and sometimes here.