September vs November vs December

I’m always curious about that as well.

We are going that week too. Here’s to hoping no one else is joining us. :wink:
I’m not a fan of crowds.

Same! To the point of extreme anxiety ( mostly claustrophobia, not like agoraphobia or something). My DH knows I hate crowds and is constantly confused why I love WDW, because even on the slowest days there are crowds. I can’t help it, I just do!

I hope our week is nice and calm!

1 Like

I was born and raised in south Georgia, and have lived most of my life in the South, and if I were given an all-expenses paid trip in the summer, I wouldn’t go. And summer is pretty much anytime from May - October.

I live in NYC — so we get the whole range of weather. My preferred outdoor temperature is somewhere between 78-88°, so I do like it warm but there’s something about how oppressive the Florida heart and humidity is that just zaps you of the will to live.

We are going during that same time frame! Missing a week of work/school- but don’t care!

1 Like

KEM, how bad were the crowds on Thanksgving week? Most crowd calendars have it as 10/10. Does it mean you just have to have realistic expectations. Or is it doable with modify/ refresh Fastpassing all day long? Thanks!

I don’t have anything else to compare them to b/c we went in 2014 and 15 both on Thanksgiving week. We are doing it again this year so it wasn’t too bad for us. I think predictions are higher than they used to be b/c of SWGE. I feel very uncertain of how different it will be. I was happy both times b/c we had ADRs for lunch and dinner (my family really needs a reason to sit down and rest or they would wear themselves out) and also FP for the thing we really wanted to do. We did not try to do it all; my kids were very small at the time. It definitely gets more crowded as the week wears on. We did not in the past try to go into a park on Thanksgiving day but this time we are. The only time that crowds were so bad that I wished I wasn’t in the park was on Black Friday in good weather at night at MK—it got where you couldn’t move. But the previous year in cold weather it was pretty empty. T week is like that: we wore both summer and heavy winter clothes both times. From everything I hear about Xmas week through New Year’s I really do think that T week is better. I did not in the past have a subscription to TP or use their app but we always went back for additional FP and got enough interesting stuff to fill the day. We didn’t leave feeling that we had missed anything essential.

My preferred is about 65-78. Evenings I’m happy as long as I’m not shivering (anything over freezing). It’s humid here (really humid) in Ohio too, but Florida is just something special when it comes to humidity. I am a candidate for ‘never again’ when it comes to FL in the summer.