Sept 22 - Soarin'

First and foremost, as always, thanks in advance for your help!

We will be visiting Epcot on Sept 22, and it’s our only day there. It just so happens, it’s the day they are beginning to show the old version of Soarin’ Over California.

Question is, how much do you think this will affect the wait times?

3 Likes

Unfortunately for you I think it will affect them a LOT on that date.

Snag that LL ASAP at 0700 :crossed_fingers:t3:

8 Likes

SUPER helpful, thank you!

3 Likes

We (Disney fans) are such suckers. WDW recycles an old ride system and we get so excited that there is no incentive for WDW to come up with something new.

3 Likes

That is 100% true, but at the same time, I’m excited for my kids to be able to experience it!

3 Likes

The ride system here is the exact same, only the film is changing to a much-loved classic

Is there nothing from your past that you would be excited to have the chance to experience one more time? This is the same thing.

And it’s not permanent. It’s a limited-time offering during a period of celebration that reflects on the past successes of the company. I think this whole thing makes perfect sense in that regard.

3 Likes

I guess I’m a sucker, because I would LOVE to have SoC back. Unfortunately, it sounds like it won’t be around long enough for me to see it again. SoC is so much better than SAtW.

What I would REALLY like to see…which to me would better fit “The Land” and “World Nature” is to create a Soarin’ Across America, but focus on natural beauty. So many options, probably many I’m not aware of, but of the more popular would be Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountains, Great Smokey Mountains, Niagara Falls, etc.

10 Likes

That could be a cool one.

I wonder if they have leaned into the World thing because of Epcot’s focus on … well, the world?

But that would be really neat and I bet it would inspire domestic travel in the same way as the Around the World one has inspired international travel. I know of a few people who have posted here who have a goal of visiting each of the places depicted in the current iteration. There’s so much in our own country that people aren’t aware of - I like this idea (but I did not drop a heart, just to be clear)

7 Likes

What if they rotated films (or whatever you would call them), so that you might get one of 3 or 4 options each time you ride, like the songs on GOTG?

5 Likes

I LOVE this idea! Just don’t email Disney with the suggestion. I hear they threaten to delete you email without forwarding. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

4 corners, Arches National Park, Zion National Park, Everglades, Denali, lots of Hawaii.

But I want animals too. For my family we need scenery plus animals - whales, dolphins, manatees, baby sea turtles, bison, caribu, black and grizzly bears…

1 Like

It becomes next to impossible to coordinate animals into a flying camera shot. This means, once again, computer generation. Just no! (Not that I have any say.). Give us nature, not computer simulation!

1 Like

Disney has a ton of footage from thei nature movies and the entire Nat Geo catalouge. So maybe not?

2 Likes

I see SOC is still running. Have they announced how much longer it would continue?

1 Like

No it’s just been sort of open ended. When they first announced the change, the assumption was it would be a few months. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I hope it stays through my March trip. I haven’t seen it yet.

1 Like

Same! For me, March 1 we will be in Epcot, and I really hope it is SoC still! When they originally announced it would be for a limited engagement, I thought it would have been over by now. But…maybe, just maybe, I’ll have a chance to catch it!

2 Likes

it will likely be there until the rest of the construction is done. They’re unlikely wanting to bring back something that shows the “Old Epcot”

2 Likes

The title of this thread is confusing – it says “Sept 22” but if you look at the OP, that is the day of the month they were planning to be there, not the year. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

just be glad it doesn’t say “BREAKING!”

2 Likes