Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian

I’ve booked a surprise massage at Senses at the Grand Flo for DW during our trip as an anniversary and mother’s day gift rolled into one.

Has anyone here experienced Senses before? Any tips, tricks or anything I need to know?

Her appointment is set for 1 p.m. the day that we have an 11 a.m. ADR at Ohana. According to MDE, Senses is a 6-minute walk from the Poly. Does that seem right?

Any other insight you guys might be able to provide would be helpful. I want this to be a relaxing and rejuvenating time and maybe help win over someone who is not necessarily a Disney lover… at least not like I am!

Thanks!

1 Like

My mom and I had pedicures at the GF Senses in December. We had a lovely time, and I am sure your DW will too! The nail technicians were very professional and offered us a complimentary glass of wine which we happily accepted! We didn’t get massages, but I read many great reviews about the massage therapists.

I think it may take a little longer than 6 minutes to get there from the Poly. I would try to leave the Poly by 12:30 for a 1 p.m. appointment. She will want to arrive a little early to get checked in and changed into her robe.

There is a small lounge area with some snacks that she can enjoy before or after her massage. If time allows, she might also want to use the sauna and/or jacuzzi. Let me know if you have any other questions. So sweet of you to surprise your DW with this special treat!

3 Likes

Great and helpful info, @Jayhawker. Thank you.

The person I spoke with already recommended that she show up 30 minutes early, so I’m going to try to get her out of the Poly by 12:20ish.

I’ll let you know how it goes!

1 Like

Ohana is notoriously very late & not speedy. Just an FYI as it may cut things close for the appointment.

2 Likes

I actually thought about that very fact. Here’s what I’m thinking:

1. We’ll plan to go and check-in for our ADR at least 15 minutes early.
  2. 11 a.m. is the last breakfast seating for the morning, so they have to be winding down by that point, right? Meaning, there have to be more open tables at 11 than there would be earlier in the morning.
  3. If we’re cutting it close at 12:15 or 12:20, we can always send DW on by herself while the rest of the family stays, finishes up, pays the bill, etc. It only matters that she get there, not us.

I believe they take breakfast reservations until 11:50 since they close for lunch. They don’t let you check in early either in my experience. But if your wife doesn’t mind leaving early if you’re running behind then you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like