SenoraG’s last solo AP hurrah

Arrived last night, after a significant delay. Staying at ASSports for the first time and hitting all my favorites (and trying a few new things) before my AP expires this weekend.

I’ll catch up from this morning and then try to post live. Thanks for following along, solo trips are more fun with you all!

For added fun, I’m on the reintroduction phase of a low-FODMAP diet, so feel free to ask any allergy questions!

27 Likes

Woke up at 6:30 without the alarm, so decided to get moving and rope drop Epcot. Got my GotG boarding group at 7, grabbed eggs and oatmeal at the food court, and then got on the 1st ride of the day.

My first order of business is to try to exchange my Epcot shirt that I bought last year for one that fits my size. So I’m rope dropping Creations Shop. Not a popular choice, I’m sure!

13 Likes

I would not recommend rope dropping the gift shop, it doesn’t open in time and the cast members made it seem like a big favor to open the doors. On the plus side…

And also, mission accomplished! A shirt that fits!

Ok, off to GotG!

22 Likes

Yay!! Love the shirt. Have the best time!

4 Likes

I love GotG in the early morning. 3 people in the preshow, including me.

EWTRTW, which is a shame, but still fun!

19 Likes

Walked over to Soarin’. Butt end of C2 so my view was very voluptuous. Oh, well. Toddled through Canada with no scaffolding, which is a treat, that waterfall chasm thing is my favorite! Spent a little time wandering the UK before heading to Remy.

13 Likes

Walked through some pavilions, took my potty break in America (best restroom in Epcot if you didn’t know), took a break on the benches outside of Reflections of China, then headed to Frozen, which I mostly do for the photo. No cell phone jabronis on this ride! Also, check out the lady front and center, I want to have her attitude!!

Took a ride with the 3 Caballeros in Mexico before my lunch reservation at San Angel Inn.

I highly recommend the blood orange margarita, a little mezcal and a little Tajín make for a delicious balance! I had the Caesar salad with shrimp. Don’t come at me. #1 the Caesar salad was invented in Mexico City and #2 it’s easy to avoid the FODMAPs I haven’t reintroduced yet with the salad. I started reintroduction with garlic and onion since they’re in everything, so now I can at least eat dressing!

19 Likes

Finished my morning at Spaceship Earth, and grabbed some photos on the way out.

Now hanging out at ASSports for a little while. No idea where I’m headed this evening…any ideas?

22 Likes

Any ideas…hmmm…Fantasmic?

6 Likes

I haven’t seen it in ages…is it really worth it? When should I go for a good but not great seat with just one person?

6 Likes

I have seen it last…Never! Ha! I was just suggesting what I would do because it’s loosely on my list. :rofl:

5 Likes

@stlouie : Calling you over. Didn’t you see Fantasmic recently? See question above.

4 Likes

Looks like a great trip so far!

4 Likes

Sitting at the pool thinking about what I want to do tonight. I usually have my park hopping planned ahead!

11 Likes

The Boardwalk!

3 Likes

I enjoy Fantasmic but like the 2 other night shows better.

I’ve seen it twice by myself. I sneak in like 5-10 minutes before. Both times, there was only one showing. CMs were directing traffic to stage furthest left.

If so, sit as close to your left aisle as possible. The projections aren’t as clear in this section and sometimes, the lights and music for the floats don’t start until they are partially through that far stage left section.

There are 2 showings tonight. If you can go to the second showing, it should be far less crowded. You might be able to sit in the center sections! It is a much better experience! :heart_eyes: Enjoy!

6 Likes

If I love the Trader Sam’s in Disneyland, will the Grog Grotto be a big letdown?

2 Likes

Ok, I’m at Hollywood Studios, in line for MMRR. Food might be tricky but I’m looking at menus. No wheat, beans, mushrooms, bell peppers, or cruciferous vegetables. Any ideas from the experts?

3 Likes

I know you had a salad for lunch, but the HBD Cobb is very good. (as is everything else on the menu)

I have never been to DL, but I always have a good time at the grog grotto!

4 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes