Sell me on Sanaa

My ADR window will be here before I know it. I wasn’t planning to eat there, but I am staying in Kidani village. Was considering bread service to go but I have a great Indian spot near me so I don’t think it’d be anything special.

I do not know how the food at Sanaa will compared to your local restaurant. I am confident it is rare to be able to eat a bread service while watching the giraffes and zebras out the window!

4 Likes

my family blended with a Sri Lankan family so we eat Indian and Sri Lankan food often. If it is food you enjoy I don’t think you will be disappointed! Agree with @PrincipalTinker that it’s not often you get to eat it while watching giraffes and zebras!!!

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Sanaa is not strictly “Indian”. Yes, it borrows heavily from that cuisine, but it is not necessarily pure Indian cuisine. I have eaten in numerous very traditional Indian restaurants, but I still loved Sanaa (especially the bread service); it’s one of my favorite non-park TSs. And I know that there are certainly no places in Pensacola where I can watch Giraffes, Zebra, and other animals while I eat…

3 Likes

I think it kind of depends on what your touring plan is looking like / how much free time you have to spare. Since you’re staying in Kidani, it would probably make sense to do Sanaa. The food is good (which is not always the case at WDW), the decor is cool, the views can be great while the sun is shining, and it will be right there in your resort. It’s likely to be the easiest, most convenient, least time consuming (not because they’re particularly fast, just because it’ll require virtually no travel) option for you.

If your plans are to be at the park all evening, though, I wouldn’t make a special trip back to AKL just to eat at Sanaa. For me, a good meal isn’t usually worth losing what would otherwise be hours of park time. At least, not when you can probably find a good meal closer to where you’re planning to be.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input. I don’t think I’ll make an ADR for it, but maybe we’ll hit it up for lunch during a break one day.

1 Like

I know it’s not entirely Indian food, but most of what I hear about it is the bread service.

WDW was actually my intro to Indian food though! I ate at Tusker House in 08 and loved the samosas. I sought out a place back home to find them and probably ordered just samosas to go 4 times before I finally decided to start trying other foods. Now it’s a favorite!

1 Like

While staying at AKL last July, we had a fantastic lunch there. We didn’t have a reservation (party of 6) and were seated very quickly, of course it wasn’t very busy. We had a wonderful server (sorry to say I don’t recall his name), very knowledgeable about the offerings and making suggestions, attentive without being buggy. Also if you are a red wine drinker I highly recommend the Merry Widow a South African Shiraz, my goodness it was DELICIOUS! And by all means get the bread service, it’s was delicious also :yum:

1 Like

You know, I enjoyed the bread service, but I didn’t think it was worth writing home about. I’m not sure why so many people rave about it. That being said, I thought that my meal was delicious (and DH’s was too). Definitely one of the meals I enjoyed most last trip.

1 Like

When we stay at Kidani (often, since that’s our home) we’ll usually have an ADR scheduled there once during a week, but we’ll go to the lounge 2-3 times for a light dinner after the parks when we hadn’t scheduled any other ADR. It’s nice to have a spot that we can just drop into.

We’ve used Top of the World the same way the couple of times we’ve stayed at BLT.

3 Likes

As much as I like Sanaa, I probably wouldn’t leave a park to eat there and return to the same park after. I typically go in the winter months as a single adult, so long mid-day breaks are something I virtually never do. For the most part there are plenty of restaurants in the parks that I like, so taking the couple of hours it would require to leave a park for a meal is not “worth” it to me. Sanaa is something I would plan for a “non-park” day…

1 Like