Security Bag check questions

Every bag must be pulled out from under the stroller and carried through. Strollers go around the side like @OBNurseNH mentioned. If you have one of those parent organizers open up the compartment so they can see inside.
Then after you walk through, you come around and get the stroller and go.

2 Likes

I have been thru the new scanners, and my small pair of scissors did set it off. So we just cut pieces of mole skin into various sizes and didn’t carry the scissors. A larger battery charger also set it off, so stopped carrying that too.

I wondered if it would be an issue. So maybe as @cjandres mentioned, toss those tiny items in the clear zip bag with the chargers as we walk through.

It’s so random. I have a big Anker charger and on our last trip it set off the machine once. I had it with me every day and never took it out of the backpack, but it only was an issue once.

2 Likes

I use these - there are different sizes so I can put specific items in each one but still know what is inside. Then I just take out the ones that I know need to come out (battery charger, sunscreen, etc).
We also put all the diaper items in one so we don’t have to take the full backpack in to change a diaper.

1 Like

I like that idea of the reusable zip bags. I’ll search the different options, thanks!

We haven’t needed a stroller in a while (and I was SOOO glad to not need one anymore when my kids were old enough!) but after our first trip where we were unloading everything in North America from underneath the stroller every time we had to collapse it, we figure out a better system.

We used a backpack diaper bag. Land’s End doesn’t make them anymore (last I checked) but this was a lifesaver. The backpack held all the important things as well as 2 diapers and a pack of travel wipes (this is similar to the re-usable ziploc idea shared above!). Under the stroller was one grocery store plastic bag. That held enough diapers for the entire day, more wipes, and an extra outfit for the young person.

If anything else went into the bottom of the stroller, it went into the bag and was inexpensive/easily replaceable. We purposefully used the grocery store bag because it looks generic/unimportant and shouldn’t get stolen (ie don’t use a Disney bag that you got the day before when buying souvenirs). When it came time to go through security, or collapse the stroller it was easy peasy to just grab the bag instead of trying to find 3 million separate things floating around in the under stroller storage area.

Hopefully this helps avoid some stress on a trip w/ little ones! :smile:

1 Like

I can’t agree enough with those suggesting clear bags for your metal objects so that you can just stick it in front of you and continue on. Even if you get pulled over, having stuff in clear bags will make the security guards practically dance, since it makes their job easier. I had my metal stuff in one bag but also had a few large ones that I used to organize the stuff in my backpack, so the one or two times I got stopped, I just plopped a couple clear bags on the table then threw them back in my bag. Easy peasy!

1 Like

This is soooo true! The security guards LOVE the clear bags.

3 Likes