Second-guessing my trip because I'm so out of shape!

Don’t cancel your trip. You will be in Disney. It is flat and the walking isn’t too far unless you are walking to HS from a Boardwalk hotel or from GF to MK or something. You can sit and rest. You can start walking 30 minutes a day at home now and keep adding 5 minutes every few days. YOU CAN DO IT!

I also use something called body glide on my thighs and other areas to prevent chaffing. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KKHGK4W/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=gU7FrzmmWvwNiY3KyqwgiA&hsa_cr_id=8741051980701&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=fc0f1890-9a56-4eae-b21a-f9762e6405ae&pd_rd_w=sniDX&pd_rd_wg=Xbk06&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1_img

3 Likes

Ugh except that area from UK to France. I hate that hill LOL

4 Likes

And the incline walking out of Animal Kingdom! I hate that hill at the end of the day…

3 Likes

Before our first trip, we “trained” by going on power walks every day in the weeks leading up to our trip (as recommended by the Unofficial Guide to Disney). Then in December 2020, when we faced losing our DVC rental, we decided to go last minute and really had no preparation for the physical activity. Despite the fact that I still was working out 5 days a week pre-trip, I was unbelievably knackered for the first few days. We would get back to our DVC in the evening for dinner and relaxation and I would be out cold by 9:00pm. But my body adapted and after a few days I was fine. I would say that hydration is essential as would be proper nutrition. We mostly cooked in our kitchen so I could make sure there were a lot of salads etc. We also brought Cliff bars to stuff in our faces in the parks. I think if I hadn’t had access to a kitchen, I would have brought some Boosts or the like, just to get the vitamins in. At the very least, water, water, water.

I’d rather be bone-weary in Disney than not in Disney! So I say don’t cancel!

If you can’t find body glide to address the chafing issue, my hack is to use a roll-on anti perspirant on your inner thighs. It really does the trick!

3 Likes

I don’t recall that hill and I know I have crossed it a few times in-between MP and Belle meets. However, I live on a hill, on a hill, so basically anything else is flat to me. So maybe I am not the best judge.

2 Likes

Thank you for saying “chub rub”. Ha ha ha.

2 Likes

Oh yes that.

Hydration is a bit of a challenge right now w/ masks and the rules :smirk: and you mean proper nutrition at home… right… not at Disney ?!?

2 Likes

As of tomorrow you can stop and stand and remove your mask to hydrate (vs having to be sitting down somewhere to consume)

1 Like

I missed this somehow? I can see all kinds of problems w/ this though… ppl walking and drinking w/o masks. I’ll have to go back and read the policy since the emphasis was on outdoor pics w/o masks.

1 Like

No, not walking. You must stop and be stationary. But you don’t have to sit down somewhere to do this. Also Len mentioned that drinking in lines is okay now too (water only for some reason :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Thx for clarification. I’m still seeing issues w/ ppl trying to skirt rules… I’m not sure Disney should be finessing this right now b/c it will cause confusion and possible confrontations for CMs. It might be better to take an all or nothing path; it would be easier.

4 Likes

Interesting. There was a lot of this already going on when we were there at the end of March. I guess I didn’t realize it wasn’t allowed.

In lines, people were good about taking a quick drink (while distanced) and then putting their mask back on. Outside, I don’t think I really saw anyone specifically sitting down to take a drink. They’d just “pull over” and stop for a quick break. Usually standing. There wasn’t enough room for everyone to sit.

ETA: I think this is a very reasonable accommodation to make. Especially going into the hot summer. People need to hydrate! Masks make it easy to forget to do it.

4 Likes

ya’ I see this too and it’s not bothersome so it makes sense to move to it

Unless my memory is off, I could have sworn this was already allowed. You could eat or drink while stationary (which implies removing your mask). Nothing said you had to be sitting. I can even hear the guy doing the announcements over the PA system saying this.

1 Like

For Chub Rub (I don’t know whether to thank you or curse you for putting that into my head) Bike Shorts! Can be worn under anything. Well, they would look silly under short-shorts. But, even walking around after a water ride, rubbing isn’t a problem.

My preference is to wear a broomstick/peasant skirt over. Keep the sun off the thighs so no Disney rash. They are light and flowy so you don’t feel the skirt. Looks all fancy too but that isn’t a concern of mine.

1 Like

true

Whatever was or was not allowed, it was specifically called out in yesterday’s announcement that included removal of masks for photos.

I think this was the only thing that was changed.

1 Like

My pleasure. Not my word, but happy to share it.

I have suffered it my whole life. Even as a very thin teen I never had that thigh gap that “the young girls these days” are after. I have warned my daughter that she will be forever cursed as well. As such I have tried everything on the market. Nothing works long term. Not deodorant, not body glide, not petroleum jelly, not monistat anti chafe powder gel. Anything will work for a short time, but unless I want to “feel the burn” I just give in and wear shorts et al that are long enough to protect me from it.

3 Likes