Sci Fi Dine In

I have never been to Sci Fi Dine in.

Is it possible to eat here with a group of 5? HOw are the seats in the cars?

Just curious.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Each car has three rows. We usually sit two per row

4 Likes

The seats are three rows of two so I think it would be possible but one person would be sitting alone.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks all!

1 Like

I’m with you! LOL

I wouldn’t mind being alone for a little while in a cool dark theater with yummy food.

4 Likes

psst…you get more elbow room when you do this. Good call.

4 Likes

If you put the lonely one in front, they can sit a little sideways if they want to better be involved in conversation with the row behind. But that all depends if they actually want a break or want to be involved. Break then last row is likely the way to roll…

2 Likes

I find the cars at Sci Fi to be pretty seclusive. It was hard to communicate with the other rows of the car.

Which comes in really handy when we need a break from the kids after a long day.

10 Likes

If you are a fan of sci fi go for it, but don’t do it for the food. We left hungry, as the food was not the greatest (being nice) and grabbed quick serve pizza nearby. We had a good laugh about the fact that the food is served in the dark for a reason.

3 Likes

We were a group of 5 seated at a table with chairs kind of inside a car. September 2019

We were a little sad cuz we were expecting the usual set up but we were also there for the movie screen experience.

And I was glad it wasn’t a picnic table in the back. :thinking:

4 Likes

Wow.

Sci fi food is among some of my favorite. I’m
Sorry you didn’t enjoy it. Maybe it was an off day!

4 Likes

Me too. Fried pickles, a burger and shake is my idea of a good time!

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m sure it was an off day! Maybe it was more the sci fi or maybe we are just tough customers

2 Likes

We’ve been to a couple of restaurants at WDW that were not what we expected in terms of service or food. It definitely makes you want to not return. And we’ve had great experiences at restaurants that don’t get much love.
Which might just confirm that there’s something for everyone at Disney. :blush:

2 Likes

Sci-Fi isn’t my favorite in terms of food quality but I can definitely find something that will satisfy my appetite even if it doesn’t wow me. The atmosphere is for sure the wow factor for me here.

4 Likes

We have sat 3 kids in one row before but it would be tight with adults. We ate 8 in a car once when my kids were smaller…

8 Likes

I think it’s good too. What did you order?

I love how cool and quiet it is in there. I love their burgers and fries. We had a group of 5 in one car. I enjoyed being in a row by myself and away (somewhat) from my family. LOL.

1 Like

First time we went (now long ago) I walked away fairly disappointed - think I had an angel hair pasta then. Our last couple of visits the food has been quite reasonable - price is fairly low for Disney table service and the food was pretty good. Not sure if it was the early disappointment so my expectations are low or food quality has improved in recent years. Grabbing something better on the menu might be the case as well - guessing it was burgers and shakes lately which is probably their wheelhouse…

And of of course the environment is wonderfully immersive…

1 Like