Sci Fi Dine In worth it?

Agree. I think the burgers are great. And, of course, you need a milkshake to go with it.

1 Like

Oh! This is something I may have to try. Do you know what they made it with?

I am not 100% sure what type of base their vegan ice cream has, but she had a cookie shake so it had oreos, vegan chocolate sauce, and coconut whip cream on top. Fun and tasty options for food allergies are one reason I love going to Disney World!

1 Like

That is part of why we are so excited for this trip–when we found out my son had celiac, I knew we wanted to go back to Disney to enjoy all the foods he can’t get at most restaurants on a regular basis!

1 Like

I suggest the Orbiting Oreo…oreo shake with a little booze in there. Yum!

3 Likes

Woody’s is nice. Also try Baseline for great beer and pub snacks that can add up to a QS lunch or early dinner

SciFi is a must do for us every time. And I don’t eat burgers!

2 Likes

Oreos and alcohol?!? How have I not had that?

4 Likes

My DD24 loves the Orbiting Oreo! It’s on her list in a few weeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s delicious! I have a thing for creamy and boozy so I scoured the menus and even posted here looking for every one I could find!

3 Likes

You could just get milkshakes. That is what I almost did.

Now I just need the TP reservation finder to come through for me!

3 Likes

This is definitely on my short list.

Sci Fi is a great escape from the bustle of the park, dark and quiet with good food considering it’s a “drive-in movie” theme and not “fine dining”. The burgers and fries are good. The chocolate shake is good. The Oreo shake is bland, so avoid it unless you prefer flavorless. We expected to keep seeing the same corny alien movie clips over and over, but we did not linger too long and never saw the same clip twice. Use the dining tool to get a reservation because you don’t want to wait forever as a walk-in. Backlot Express is also fun but not as fun and it’s pretty noisy and chaotic.

1 Like

We loved sci fi last time (4 years ago) so repeated it on our recent May trip I had the Philly cheese steak sandwich and my husband had some kind of enormous BBQ platter. We thought food was really tasty and we like the fun of the drive in atmosphere and the cheesy clips and the AC in the heat of the day, a great lunch break option as others have said. Milkshakes are also super nice I had a seasonal ‘birthday cake’ shake and added chocolate liquor on the recommendation of the server and my husband has Oreo which was also good but the birthday cake won for us.
As others have said you don’t really notice others sharing the car as you have a row to yourself so it doesn’t feel like you’re sat with others.
B

3 Likes

That’s a good idea, depending on how hot–and hungry–we are! Though there is a rare time in my life when I pass up french fries. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That sounds right up my daughter’s alley–she loves birthday cake flavored stuff. Is it similar to the Zaxby’s style birthday cake shake?

I just went for my first trip May 7-12 and was surprised how little we ate and normally I am an eater! I was just too hot. We ended up eating twice a day (and several meals were shared) with a cool snack in the afternoons, usually ice cream.

1 Like

I would recommend 50’s Prime Time Cafe over SiFi Dine In…but if you have kids under 10 then I’d do SiFi. On our visit 2 weeks ago, we thought 50’s Cafe had better food (not the best) and theming. Love the servers" attitudes! Does SiFi still run a short loop of old B&W movies. That’s what annoyed us the most. You see the same scenes over and over again.

1 Like

Unfortunately being from the UK that was the first birthday cake shake I had ever had so could not offer a comparison. It was pretty sweet as expected and had rainbow sprinkles and in my case a glow cube. I am not sure if the cube was related to it being my adapted version of the adult shake but sure you could request anyway it required. We were on the dining plan so I was pretty pleased they let me have this as my drink. B

1 Like

I love the idea of a shake with a glow cube…!