Scenario: one MB enters a park, second in pocket

I would think that you can still do this. You are all entering the park, and then DH is going back to the resort with the little one for a nap, right? As all the MBs have “entered” the park, you can use the FPP reservations on any of them.

Good to see you @brklinck! Your expertise and tips are always great! This won’t work for us as we can switch things up in the morning depending on how things are going but if I FPP’s with one child while he was planning on staying at the resort with the other, we can no longer switch roles for the day. Plus, during one of our recent trips, DS5 and I both got sick so DH and DD7 got to use our FPP’s at MK; if a family has FPP’s, it shouldn’t matter who uses them but now this restriction takes away the last bit of flexibility.

Yes, if they don’t enter then you can’t access the FPPs under the new rules. However, the new rule makes sense to me, as it is just like the old paper FPs, in that you can’t get/use passes with a ticket that has not been used to enter the park on that day. If they didn’t have this rule in place, you could probably work around the system and get extra FPP reservations with unused tickets.

Yes @brklinck, I understand the new rule restrictions. But it is NOT like the old paper Fastpasses that you could distribute to anyone in your family or share the pixie dust with a stranger. And, for the record, for most of the last year of the old paper FP’s, you could pull them with any old KTTW card or AP which was obviously very flexible but needed to be closed eventually.

Our family (and me during solo touring time because I definitely used my family’s bands with tickets to get more FPP) will just have to adjust our planning and touring styles yet again as Disney continues to change things without notice. At least we weren’t one of the many who were shut out of TSMM and A&E without FPP.

Well, you still can share them with your family - just swap bands. Unless your DH doesn’t want a CM to call him “NCDisneyPrincess”. :wink:

Yes, that was a bug that people were really taking advantage of. I was very surprised that WDW allowed it to continue for as long as they did.

1 Like

Thinking ‘probably’ is a generous word choice. :slight_smile:

True but w/ the old system, you needed a ticket to get an FP. In fact, it was the ticket that generated the FP. With this hack, FPs could be used without a ticket.