Savi's Workshop During EMH?

Has anyone been to Savi’s Workshop during EMH (between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM) at DHS?
Is Savi’s open during that time? And, if so, are they doing “first come, first serve” there during EMH? Or do people have reservations during EMH?

1 Like

I sent this question via the form at: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

I got a response in less than 24 hours. According to Salma (eCommerce Sales and Service Team): “In regard to your questions Savi’s Workshop, the shop will only be open from 9:25 am daily through December 2019. So it will not be opened for the Extra Magic Hours
There will also be a reservation required.”

So, EMH won’t help with my lightsaber quest, it seems. I guess I’ll just keep pinging the Reservations page. I do see new slots open from time to time. With the 24-hour cancellation policy, it makes sense that most openings would appear in the day or two prior.

1 Like

According to Josh’s article yesterday at www.easywdw.com about his ropedrop experience Sept. 1, “It’s worth noting that everything is open in Galaxy’s Edge during Extra Extra Magic Hours, including Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s Workshop, Droid Depot, Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, the Milk Stand, Kat Saka’s Kettle, Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, and all of the various shops and stalls in the Marketplace and around Batuu.”

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. Josh’s report is more in line with what I was expecting (hoping for). But now (based on the email I received) I’m worried that the decision to have those shops open during EMH could change at any time.

It seems like a simple enough question. I wish there were a definitive schedule somewhere, even if it were subject to change…

Look up each shop on Disney’s site. That lists the hours, including whether they are open during the EEMH. For example, Savi’s Workshop, Black Spire Outfitters, Creature Stall, and Dok Ondar’s Den are all open then for the various dates I check in the upcoming weeks. I did not check everything you listed. I don’t know about whether they do reservations during EEMH or not. It seems like the earliest is 9:30 for any date I could check.

1 Like

Yes, the hours listed with the shop web page are consistent with Josh’s blog write-up, but are inconsistent with the answer I got by email from a Disney rep. So, I wrote them back armed with the new information and I got a different answer this time:
"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

I have great news for you! You are more than welcome to visit Savi’s Workshop to build your lightsaber during the Extra Magic Hours if it is available without a reservation. Reservations are recommended."

My guess is that everything is so new that the first rep just got their wires crossed somewhere.

The earliest reservation time I’ve seen at Savi’s for any date in September or October has been 9:25 AM, so it stands to reason that they would be operating without reservations from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM or so. However, they can only take 14 builders per session, and maybe 3 sessions per hour, so at a guess only the first 126 people to show up during EMH would actually get a standby slot. (I’m not sure I like those odds, given the number of people at EMH rope drop I’ve seen pictures of)…

On a related note, by periodically refreshing the reservations page, I was able to score a reservation at Savi’s for 9:05 PM on the first day I’ll be touring! So, Disney will get my $200 and I’ll get to build a lightsaber! Everybody wins! :laughing:

2 Likes