Saratoga Springs Preferred - Why Preferred?

Quick Question:

The Preferred Category at Saratoga Springs includes all rooms in the Congress Park and The Springs areas. But there is no guarantee of room, view, or proximity to amenities or transportation. What makes these rooms preferred? Is it worth the 20% premium?

Here’s the map with the relevant sections circled in red for reference:

hmmm… one area has a view of DS and the other is closest to the main pool and dinning???

1 Like

Ha! I love the eyes. :joy:

That makes sense, though there are some rooms in Paddock that are closer to DS than The Springs!

Yes, but those rooms are a rather long walk to the main pool/building.

1 Like

They can use Congress Park pool though, right?

1 Like

Paddock Pool might be the best pool (at least the slide?). Congress Park pool is a true quiet pool.

That Paddock area close Congress Park is a great area if you want a pool (and QS) plus short walk to DS.

1 Like

We were in the Grandstand section and were actually quite close to the main building. I probably wouldn’t pay for the preferred myself.

1 Like

That’s kind of what I’m hearing … doesn’t sound like there’s much of a benefit to being in the preferred rooms (at least that appeals to me).

Unless Congress Park is the best spot to be for bus pickup? That would make a difference (though maybe not 20% more).

I believe Grandstand is the first bus stop … so no. :grin:

1 Like

We only booked preferred once, for congress park…specifically we we’re celebrating (2) 21st birthdays-
Wanted the kids within walking distance to the springs (no vehicles no excuses.)

1 Like

We booked preferred because we are hoping to have super close walking to Disney Springs.

1 Like

Funny you should post this because I was just looking at the same thing! My kids school calendar for the 2022-2023 school year just came out and they have some days off in early November. Based on the points I have, we could book a 2 bedroom standard at Saratoga for 4 nights or a 2 bedroom preferred for 3 nights. I booked standard because I can get an extra night in. I was looking at the map too and thought the Paddock section looked good. Looks like a nice pool and close to Congress Park which is right by the walkway to Disney Springs. We will have a car. I guess if we are in another section far away from the Disney Springs walkway (like the Carousel section) we could drive to other side of the resort and park in the Congress Park section and then walk over to DS?

1 Like

We booked and stayed preferred for proximity to DS. I would do it again :100: of the time staying there. The quiet pool there was perfect and overlooked DS and the lake and I was closer to Starbucks than to the Carriage House and Artists Palette for morning coffee. We were there couples only so we didn’t want to be at a loud/busy/games pool.

I don’t love SSR though. It’s very blah. I think my kids would hate it. But for a DS-focused trip, the preferred rooms there can’t be beat.

2 Likes

You could just take the bus to the congress park stop. Or just walk.

2 Likes