Sans Titre has Left The Building

Ooohhh!! A caravan is a brilliant idea! Just don’t stop for ice cream

6 Likes

Fellow Hufflepuff here, as well. Love the new and improved name.

9 Likes

Welcome back, @sanstitre_has_left_the_building! :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Glad to see you Matt!

4 Likes

Welcome back Matt! I watch those videos too. Then I think about water, bathrooms, and showers….nope - but I love the videos.

6 Likes

:rofl:

DH is quickly learning that glamming isn’t as luxurious as he had anticipated. :toilet::roll_of_toilet_paper::bed::chair:

4 Likes

Long live @Hufflematt :vulcan_salute:

Huffsimgeee

11 Likes

Dafuq???

8 Likes

What happened?

I now realise who it was who liked a couple of my posts last night, but now I’m just perplexed. And sad. :cry:

6 Likes

Evidently he read the entire Titles thread and got worked up/ offended, wrote some big essay (I missed it) thought better of it, deleted it and then quit the forum. If I got any of that wrong, please feel free to correct me @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

6 Likes

I don’t have an explanation, just a loose hypothesis. And I might be totally wrong.

But I’m going to guess that…Matt came back thinking he was ready for the interactions here without getting himself upset or whatever. But then, something about the discussion on the titles thread DID get him riled up, and he ultimately realized that he ISN’T ready to be back at the forums. It isn’t worth it to him to get upset in that way, or to (maybe) upset others.

I’m not sure. But if that’s even kind of accurate, I applaud him for recognizing it very early and protecting his own well-being first and foremost.

14 Likes

I feel this. And I feel sadness. Gah that was quick.

I hate I missed this because I enjoy his writing. I may not always like it, but it is always interesting.

Stupid Titties thread. Glad it’s closed.

6 Likes

I am in and out of this forum, but stumbled across @sanstitre_has_left_the_building post just before it got deleted.

I am not going to re-tell it obviously, but it made me understand why Matt was upset and left (hopefully temporarily).

Yes, looks like Titles thread made many users unhappy.

Let’s keep this forum a happy place!

5 Likes

Agree. I hope he comes back.

That’s a great point.

6 Likes

It made some people unhappy, but it also gave some people a place to speak up, I think someone used the phrase “an outlet”. I think it demonstrated that there are things about the forum which not everyone likes, and that in some cases those emotions run deep.

I suspect some responses were perceived by @hufflematt (and others) as being judgemental about those who did have strong feelings. If that makes any sense - it does in my head but I may not be articulating it very well.

But let’s hope that we can move forward and that @hufflematt will come back when he feels ready.

11 Likes

So true…

:people_hugging:

5 Likes

I am glad it closed, but that doesn’t mean it should have never been created.

6 Likes

I will add- I started the title thread because titles were being discussed, on three separate threads.

10 Likes

And that’s also so true. It definitely served a purpose.

5 Likes

Yes, I remember that in your opening post. I just failed to find any of those threads to get the context of it. And that’s probably the reason it became so emotive.

4 Likes