SallyEppcot's Helping-My-Mom trip report, otherwise entitled "We need a wheelchair or ECV!"

Sounds like a great plan for such a short stay. I really like your breakfast at France…it became our favorite stop in Epcot. Your birthday sounds like a lot of fun… :boom: DRINK ALL THE DRINKS :boom:
Have a great trip…and safe travels…

6 Likes

Sounds like a lovely plan! I’m definitely meeting for drinks at Jock Lindsey’s!! Please don’t forget, if you start to worry, that you have a friend who is only about an hour from Disney if you need anything :heart:

13 Likes

This looks fantastic! I think you have wonderful things planned and I’m so excited to follow along! :heart:

2 Likes

We loved the Impressions de France - it was nearly as good as Soarin’ in my opinion!

2 Likes

Thanks @MooreDisneyPlease. I will remember. As an aside, my mom and I have a very complicated relationship, so if I do have any struggles (like last time) I doubt I’ll let any of them leak out or peek through. I tend to be very quiet, very in control of myself and my emotions, and painfully proper and polite and as perfect as possible when she’s around. I might end up needing to let lose and grin and giggle and be silly and relax by the time I meet you and Jayne. :wink:

8 Likes

We took the early bus from Beach to MK for our BOG breakfast. I think there was another early because our was 8:45 am.

1 Like

I get it. Ditto for me and my mom. We will have the MOST fun! I really can’t wait!

2 Likes

I think it sounds perfect! The whole thing. Great job! I can see how much care you have put into the plan. It’s awesome.

My friend and I watched Illuminations from Spice Road in November BTW. We sat inside and it as lovely. Folks get worked up about where to watch this show, but the cool thing is that is was designed to be enjoyed almost anywhere!

Cab to MCO takes 30 mins tops. No worries there.

I’m excited for you!!!

3 Likes

Yay, @SallyEppcot! You’re going to WDW tomorrow! I’m so excited for you!

I understand all of the worries and want to reassure you about the ECV and having your mom learn how to use it. It’s pretty easy, and you can set the speed to very slow in big crowd situations. I found that walking in front of DH helped us clear the way enough to not cause issues or bump into other people. I think this option will be much easier on you than a wheelchair and give your mom a little more flexibility.

Your plans sound wonderful! Disney on your birthday and a fun dinner with friends! Please give those ladies big hugs for me!

I will love following along since we’re expecting a snowstorm starting Monday and I can enjoy a virtual escape with you.

I tend to worry about the weather, which is silly. Our last trip was cold and rainy and we had the best time.

Safe travels, sweetie! :heart:

10 Likes

So excited for you! It will be a whirlwind but your plans sound awesome!! Wishing you and your mum safe travels and a wonderful trip!!

2 Likes

Good morning. I got a text late last night saying that my ABQ-DEN flight was delayed too much to make my MCO flight. I called right away and they got me on later flights. I’ll get in around 7:30 tonight instead of 3:30. No Magic Kindgom for me today. :cry:

Oh well. I’ll just meet mom (we might even catch each other at the airport) and have dinner. I’m not too disappointed. I’m glad I caught the text last night and not at 5 am this morning or after already getting to the airport.

12 Likes

That’s too bad that you’ll miss your MK afternoon. Good thing you caught the text earlier and you were able to work out new flights for today!
You’ve got this!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you are delayed. My SIL’s SIL has three children at college in Colorado and was telling us that they get the storm this week which may have caused your delay. We were all together in the suburbs of Baltimore for our grand nephew’s first birthday party. Have a safe trip.

3 Likes

I’m at the airport and am all checked in. Getting extra sleep and not driving to the airport in the dark are two very nice positives about this last minute flight shuffle. It’s a good thing I’m an optimist. :wink:

14 Likes

What time will you depart from DEN? It’s sunny now but snow is expected to start this afternoon. Safe travels!

2 Likes

Thinking of you today, @SallyEppcot! Facing a trip like yours, I would be better suited to the good night’s rest at the front end. And you still have Crew’s Cup at the end of the day!

3 Likes

My new flights are through Houston. It’s actually a much gentler itinerary. I’m just about to board!

5 Likes

Saying goodbye to the boys was much easier this time. I think they might be getting used to the idea that mom goes away once or twice a year without them. :wink:

17 Likes

It will make it easier when they go away without you. You know you raised them to need you but can cope without you for a limited time.

Love your positive spirit @SallyEppcot! Best wishes for safe and uneventful travel the remainder of the day. Yay, you’re going to Disney World!!!

4 Likes