Safety of walking alone back to Castle Inn?

Thinking of taking advantage of these dropping flight prices and booking my first trip to Disneyland in May. I’d be going solo as an early-30s woman, staying for three nights after a night in LA with a friend, and I’ve got a placeholder reservation at the Castle Inn & Suites unless I find something better/cheaper. I’m leaning toward taking a Lyft from LA (preliminary research suggests Lyfting there and back to LAX will be cheaper than renting a car). Just wondering if anybody has any insight on how safe it feels walking back from the parks to Castle Inn at night? Thanks, I’m still just in beginning stages of plotting so any info at all helps!

3 Likes

I have never traveled solo, nor stayed in the Castle Inn, but I can say that unless it is quite a ways away, you will be among hundreds of people leaving the park at closing and walking in that direction…

I’m sure more experienced people will chime in!

1 Like

Thank you, this is what I’m hoping :slight_smile:

Your location is directly across the street from the Harbor Blvd entrance to Disneyland. There will be a constant stream of people to and from Disneyland at all reasonable hours, up to a couple of hours after closing, even very late at night. The area is well lit and feels safe. While safety is never guaranteed in life, it’s as safe as anywhere.

5 Likes

Also, here is a thread where the issue of walking along Harbor Blvd was discussed at length:

1 Like

You can see my thoughts in the link Jeff posted above. I have stayed at the Castle, but it has been quite a few years now. It was fine, and the price was right. I do prefer to be closer, so keep an eye out for better rates. Grand Legacy is my favorite, but there are other good choices as well. The Anaheim Hotel is kind of my limit on how far south I will go these days.

3 Likes

Keep checking, and use sites like carrentalsavers.com. LAX is well known for stupid-low rental rates - you just have to catch them.

1 Like

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for before I posted!

1 Like

I have only been to DLR solo. Walking to and from Park Vue and Grand Legacy were no concern at all. I would go one or two blocks further north or south.

I also use autoslash to help find good rental car rates. Definitely look up the rental car company to make sure it is just off the airport and not way far away. Some of the discount companies are a 10 min bus ride away.

DLR is so amazing solo. Have a great time!

1 Like