Rumor: Paid FPs imminent

I’m not sure, they give one example of it going up by $9 per day, but that could be different on a different day. I’ll check mine but UT may not have the new prices.

UT will probably not reflect the price increase until they sell through the inventory of what they already have. In the past, ticket price increased by Disney took a few weeks before they impacted prices on UT. Of course, with date-based pricing, that may be different now.

I know folks who buy the vouchers online in bulk and then use them latere. You currently have until i think 2030 to use a voucher.
However, you have to let your pass expire before you try to use it. If you try to renew with it, they will charge you the difference in price from when you bought the voucher.

2 Likes

I hope not! Mine is bought and paid for but not activated. I think if you upgrade, it’s a concern because that has to be done there at Guest Services, it’s not paid for yet.

I’ve been toying with the possibility of buying myself tickets through UT to get the discount, and then when we get there, convert it over an AP to bridge the savings. But then I worry that if in that time period, the AP price goes up, the bridged savings becomes pointless. So then I think maybe it is best just to buy them early, ahead of any price increase. But I don’t want to do THAT if I’ll STILL have to pay the difference.

WDW.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

2 Likes

I’m not sure how far back website hs this part but this is what is printed in my package confirmation from Aug 2018 under the "Attractions, Tickets and Features:

• Parks, restaurants, attractions, recreation, FastPass + selections, entertainment, and other products, services or items are subject to change without notice, cancellation, and may close temporarily due to rehabilitation, refurbishing, capacity, seasonal, inclement weather or special events and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World ® Resort. Ticket media is not valid for special or premium events or other activities which are separately priced. Admission entitlements are non-transferrable, not for resale, and must be used by the same person on any and all days. Age restrictions apply for access to certain facilities. Guests must be 21 years of age or older with valid proof of age to redeem alcohol entitlements.

Preaty much they can do whatever with no recourse

5 Likes

Or WDW could make the “free” FPs only applicable to certain rides (eg exclude FOP, SDD, 7DMT, TT and later SW:GE from the free list) and charge for a FP that could apply to any ride. That would still be consistent with the up to 3 FPs language on the website because there is no language about which rides.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s true, too!

At some point you just have to roll the dice.
UT ticket prices have not gone up so if anyone needs tickets, get on over there!

2 Likes

Correct, upgrading (ie bridging) would be affected, but people who bought a full voucher but didn’t activate yet are not. You can’t charge someone for something and then say at the gate “Surprise! Give us more money!”

3 Likes

Yup. I’m counting on that.

So, how early can you buy the voucher and it still remain valid?

Basically, I need my AP to be valid for our May 2020 and December 2020 trips. What’s the earliest I could safely buy the AP voucher if I wait to activate it until that May 2020 trip?

1 Like

Vouchers don’t need to be activated until 2030.

1 Like

This might help others - after seeing the price increase news a few minutes ago, I pulled the trigger on buying our our 3day tickets for July from Undercover Tourist (via Mousesavers)…no price increase there…yet…so I’m glad to have gotten the tickets at the price I expected.

I do expect UT will follow the same procedure as past price increases…have the old price available for a while, and once inventory runs out, go to the increased price.

I’d recommend anyone in our situation get those tickets ASAP.

2 Likes

I know!!! And it seems like such an obvious, simple fix…

Interesting. So, in theory, if I knew I wanted to go to Disney twice in, say, 2024, I could buy the vouchers now and save myself the price increase in the long run! (I’m not going to do that, but never imagined you could.)

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Yes, it is a great long-term plan for savings. You can also use the AP discount on the Shops App before activation.

4 Likes

Really? I’m surprised by this. Good to know.

2 Likes

We used to “invest” in the 10-day park hoppers with no expiration when our kids were little. We’d go for a week but only have 3-4 park days and use them over multiple trips and just buy a new ticket for whichever kid had turned three since the last visit. This made it so we never had to buy a lot of tickets at once.

Yet another “hack(?)” WDW stripped away.

4 Likes