RUMOR: Main Street Electrical Parade Returning to Walt Disney World, Paint

7 Likes

When was the last time Paint the Night ran? Seems like it wasn’t that long ago but then again, there was that whole pandemic thing. :grimacing::joy:

1 Like

Maybe they could run the MSEP during an After Hours event or something? My understanding of the reason it was cut was that it was approaching dangerous crowd levels.

2 Likes
1 Like

2018 in DCA. Seems so long ago

2 Likes

Love Paint the Night parade! I remember meeting you, Deb, at the Paint the Night dessert party in April 2018. It was my first solo trip and first chat room meet up.

3 Likes

We had so much fun that trip! Cant wait to see you again sometime soon Darcy! :blush::heart:

6 Likes

That’s when I saw it!

2 Likes

I’ve never really liked this parade as an adult. I saw SpectroMagic the first time I went as a mom and I just feel this one is substandard to that one. I guess I’m crazy cuz they won’t ever switch it up. They just move it across coasts for decades.

1 Like

I would be happy to see this one again. I haven’t seen since forever. But I will sometimes play the soundtrack to the parade on Spotify just for nostalgia. It is a bit of a time capsule. I never thought I would get the chance to see it again. Hopefully it will be there next time we are at MK (possibly early 2025).

3 Likes

This would be my main concern. Nighttime crowds are already problematic for fireworks…a nighttime parade could be nightmarish. I like the idea of it being tied to After Hours or perhaps EEH to limit crowds. (Although, I fear Disney would start to over sell After Hours as a result…which they are already doing anyhow!)

2 Likes

The MSEP soundtrack is like 90% of the reason I like the parade.

2 Likes

I’ve had a plan of taking DW for her birthday on our first adults-only trip to WDW next spring to see the Flower and Garden Festival. Her all-time favorite is the Main Street Electrical Parade. That could be the cherry on top. :cherries: :ice_cream:

1 Like

The soundtrack has so much nostalgia for me, bith from my childhood and seeimg it with DD in 2015.

We were just in DTD in DLR amd theu were playing all of the parade songs. MSEP came on amd she was like - “what are we listening to?”

SpectroMagic is my favorite. This was my first nighttime parade and the parade of my kids when they were little and nothing will top those memories.

1 Like

Yup! It wasn’t my first as a kid. I did see Electrical Parade in like 1990 if that lines up. If not it was in Disneyland in 1987/88. But SpectroMagic was the first thing I did with my kids at 1 and 4 (almost 2 and 5) on our first trip in 2009. Then we ate at Casey’s and the rode Buzz and then bed! That was our first WDW day with a late arrival.

We watched the 2nd parade right from the Main Street Entrance hub. Spectacular spot right on the curb in the middle. Mar 2009. So magical.

1 Like

PtN is my favorite parade. From what I understand, they stopped it because the electrical headpieces were heavy and causing neck issues with the performers. They stopped it to reimagine those then Covid happened. My dream would be keep Magic Happens in DL and have PtN in DCA.