RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

Wow. 3 ¹/² hours into the day…no B G called yet
1:30pm

Put this d#mn ride on a track.

1 Like

Yikes! :astonished:

How disappointing after getting BG 3! I sure hope you get called soon. I’m guessing there won’t be a 2:00 drop today!

1 Like

Rumor in the park is that ROTR was hit by lightning, per guest services CM.

Don’t they have plans for that?

Added note … Muppet 3D had also been down, and it is of course, next to ROTR.

3 Likes

You would think so! Its not like lightening is a rare occurrence there🤦‍♀️

1 Like

Back when it first opened people were having meltdowns about not getting a BG. And I heard staff telling them too bad. Not sure if that’schanged.

In terms of adding people to your party, thay are very accommodating. It happend to us for our 3rd time Friday. And didn’t even bother to put her Into the system, they said 3 out of 4 made it? Is said 5 out 6, dont worry about it. And we scanned in no problem.

1 Like

That’s good to know - thanks for sharing your experience!

That’s awful. Sorry.

1 Like
2 Likes

Maybe the lighting will act like a defibrillator, and all the issues with RotR will go away.

5 Likes

I was thinking/hoping the same thing. Fries everything to a point where they need to start from a point where everything works.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292987648429170688

1 Like

It’s official
BG 3 and no ride today

2 Likes

:sob:

3 Likes

BG3 and no ride??? Wow.

1 Like

So sorry about this!

I’m curious if they offered any kind of recovery. I know they aren’t obligated to but just curious

I feel honored (?) that we were there to see the lightning strike live and in person. It was beautiful and loud and kind of scary. I didn’t find out til later (here) that it resulted in ROTR being down for today.

4 Likes

Again, I feel like the Disney Gods are finally shining down on yall! Yall got to ride it!!! I bet that lightening was spectacular to see tho. Just 1 days difference. Puff ur chest out a bit to the fam🤣

1 Like

I just hope they get the ride reopened soon. I wonder if tomorrow is on the table? Or if it’s going to be a while, that it runs better on the other end of the closure.

Or perhaps it is one of the COVID beasts trying to Target our family. After all, we had been in Galaxy’s Edge literally 30 minutes before this lightning strike. The beast missed us…taking out ROTR as collateral damage! We’d better watch our backs!

I am glad we decided to try for ROTR on our first HS day. We had toyed with waiting until our second HS day instead briefly!

7 Likes