RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

Yes. That’s the best you can do for practicing.

2 Likes

I think it doesn’t matter. I’m friends with the dummy account and have gotten that screen every time I’ve practiced, both before and after adding the dummy account.

2 Likes

I made some edits/improvements again if you all can review for me please. Any other layout suggestions? I will then make a dedicated thread with these tips/checklist. Here is an image, and also a PDF for better viewing/printing. Thanks!

ROTR BG Checklist.pdf (253.5 KB)

3 Likes

One user today at the parks (I forget who - one of the trip reports going on right now) said that they like to go through the steps a few minutes before 10am because the screen after “join” takes a minute to load the first time you boot up the app. (So this needs to be done after rebooting but before 10am.)

I for one would be forever grateful. This is sooo intimidating!

1 Like

Thanks, wow I also found this. I need to re-evaluate things!

2 Likes

Only if you unprepared! Practice and visualize lol.

1 Like

Len tested WiFi vs cellular and determined that WiFi was faster, and that it was particularly fast in areas where there were few other guests, like the animation courtyard. (They published a blog post with speed readings for various areas of the park.) I maintain that having a mix of WiFi and cellular is best in case one or the other is overloaded.

As for having only one member of your party apply, I think the CM is just trying to keep guests from overloading the system. There are definite benefits to having more than one person trying, especially if one of you is IT-challenged. :wink: It decreases the likelihood that one person’s fat fingers will cost you a BG. But having just one person is fine as long as they are nimble and know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

This all sounds very difficult. DH and I won’t be riding it, but DD18 will definitely want to try…

What’s the website to do internet speed tests?

My issue isn’t speed. It is that Wifi was so unreliable for me that at times, the Wifi would cause the app to go completely unresponsive and I’d have to actually go in and turn off Wifi and turn it back to get it to start working again. I didn’t want this kind of failure to happen at the critical moment of attempting to get a BG, so I turned off Wifi entirely. Since I got BG 2, I figure Cellular was plenty fast enough.

I also saw no need to log out and log back into the app. As long as I had been using the app prior to that moment without issue, I just started on the home screen.

Also, I did NOT click on the “Star Wars: Rise of the Resisance - Request Access with Virtual Queue” image at all. I just clicked directly on the “Join” button. If you do this precisely at 10:00:01, then the next page is the select party page where you click the final join button. Basically, I bypassed the second screen entirely doing it this way, which saves a click/load sequence.

4 Likes

Great info, thank you!

What cell service provider do you have?

I just practiced, tapped JOIN from home screen (not image). But the attractions page still came up next before the PARTY page. I also watched a you tuber and it was the same. So I’m a bit confused.

eta: Or I’ve seen people wait on the attraction page and then swipe to refresh right at 10:00 and the join button appears

1 Like

The reason I recommended this initially was because in the early days, the most common error was that the app didn’t register people as being in the park because it was using cached data that hadn’t been refreshed since the guest went through the tapstiles. It’s possible this has been fixed, but I would refresh the app at least once after going through the tapstiles just to be safe, but not necessarily five minutes before.

Another tip is to take screenshots of any errors or even screen cap video your BG application process so you can show Guest Services. If there was an error (not just too slow), they will almost certainly give you a BG. Especially so if part of your party got one.

2 Likes

Yes. You can do this as well.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe when they changed the Select Party page they also changed this as well.

1 Like

Ah you may be right, back when they tweaked some things. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, I practiced at 2:00 today. After 3 quick clicks, I got the Not So Fast! Is Everyone in the Park? :+1:

I was a bit quicker than yesterday, when I got the red bar “Current Booking Window Now Full”. But that was at 10:00 and I’m guessing more people are trying then and may be harder to secure.

2 Likes

This means you got it – as much as it can be for the variables beyond your control!

3 Likes