RotR remote help

Hey~ my business partner and his family are at HS today. He is super reluctant about WDW, but his wife is an awesome fan…she’s got potential to be a liner. I’ve been helping her with lots of tips and tricks and she is so on board with it all. He is a Star Wars guy, and despite my tips about boarding passes, they didn’t get one this morning… and according to his wife, he’s in a mood now. lol. How can I help from home for the 2pm drop? Do I need to sign into their MDE or can I do it from mine if we are friends? Do I have to do it on my phone or can I do it on a desktop?

Paging @Jeff_AZ or @ryan1 who probably know the ins and outs of this.

1 Like

I can’t say with certainty…but you likely can do it if they are in your friends list…but it puts you at a disadvantage in terms of selecting your party.

I would say you should log into their account instead, if that is feasible. It should detect that they are in the park already.

1 Like

Thanks!

Keep us updated. Now I NEED to know if they get it. I wonder what (if anything) they did wrong at 10 AM…

4 Likes

I agree - keep us posted!

In early March, I helped my daughter and her college friends get a BG at DLR when I was stuck in Washington State. But all the girls’ tickets were linked to my MDE (or DLR equivalent). It is not clear to me if I got the BG or one of her friends, but I figured it would be good to have someone trying that wasn’t on the ground there competing for cell service and wifi.

2 Likes

She should have tried by now if their is a 2pm drop… any word?

1 Like

Sorry I’m just seeing this - the app should automatically select those members of the party that are registered as being in the park, so it should be automatic. But I agree logging in with their credentials is the safer bet. I hope it worked! It’s so tough to get one these days.

1 Like

In theory, yes. But I just don’t know what the system will do with the person who is doing the booking isn’t, themselves, in the park. It is an unknown I’d be nervous to test out if you only have one shot!

Okay, I got their login info for MDE and logged in as them. At 2:00:01 I hit “join” it let me select the group (which was already selected) and then I hit the button. It said “something has gone wrong.” When I went back in it went to the screen that said “these members of your group are already in a boarding group.” So on the ground they got back-up group #97. Hopefully they’ll get in. At least they’ve got hope! And now that I have their MDE I can see that they have one more HS day this week, so we’ve got another shot at it as well. Thanks for your help!

8 Likes

Great news! That’s up there in the typical BGs, but there’s a very good chance they will be called. If all else, I would have them screenshot their BG and show it to GS on their 2nd HS day if they don’t get another BG and show that this was their second time not getting one.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! Thank you!

1 Like

Keep us updated! Let us know if they need to try this. I’m curious to know if this would work. @Jeff_AZ great suggestion!

2 Likes

This is what my old boss used to call “belts and suspenders.” Never rely on only one method of getting what you want! Always have multiple plans of attack (in this case, apply for a new BG but also have a screenshot of the previous attempt just in case.)

2 Likes

Do you guys think it’s easier to get a BG as a party of 1 or 2 than a party of 4?

A couple of weeks ago we were there with a party of 8. We had 6 people trying to get BG. Both days it was the same person who got the BG (21 & 27) but both days our party was incomplete (one day there were 5 included, the other 4). She let the app select the eligible members, and just clicked straight through. On the first day we went to the ride when our BG was called and my brother talked to the CM…told him that the kids in our group weren’t included in the BG and could he do anything? The CM went ahead and added them. He also added my parents, who weren’t in the park when we got the BG. So we had 5 and he added 5.

The second day I had a minute near a GS umbrella while everyone went to the bathroom, so I stepped over and briefly explained the predicament of some members having a BG and some not. The CM just shrugged and said there was nothing she could do, but we could try again at 2. Luckily she didn’t scan my band or access my MDE in any fashion.

As soon as the BG was called we employed the successful strategy from the first day, and again it worked.

So, if it’s easier to get a BG for 2 people… you can see where I’m headed with this, right?

2 Likes

From everything I know, I don’t think the size of the party makes any difference. Therefore, I would always try to get a BG for your entire party. Your issue is the first time I recall hearing about an issue like this. I’d be curious if others have encountered similar isues.

This is also strange. I have seen many, many accounts of GS offering a BG to a member of a party where everyone else got one, especially if you can show or explain that the app omitted them during the process. If nothing else, your experience shows to try another CM if the first one doesn’t give you the answer you want!

1 Like

For smaller groups (under 8) there is no reason not to add people who were inadvertently left off the BG. I wonder if the CM who didn’t help just didn’t have the means to do so? The ride vehicles seat 8 and they are only putting in one party per vehicle. So if your BG leaves off 2 or your party of 4, the ride capacity is not affected by adding the 2 that were left off.

1 Like

That totally makes sense. Maybe the CM at the ride had the knowledge needed to make that call, but the GS CM didn’t.

1 Like

I’m on the edge of my seat, but I think they’ll probably make it today. It’s just after 5pm now, and RotR is currently working with boarding groups 78-89. My co-worker’s family has boarding group 97. It’s looking good. They have an Oga’s reservation at 7:25pm… If the theory of about 10 BG per hour holds, hopefully they’ll be called by 6pm and will easily make Oga’s. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

ADR locations will respect RotR delays, as long as they are open still

4 Likes