RoTR in the AM

We’re here! Wanted to share our DHS early morning experience in case it helps someone.

We walked over from boardwalk and entered around 7:45. We were in the first 100 people o so to line up for rise. The line moved shortly before 8 am and kept working through the official cue until we were in the preshows. Got off the ride at 8:35, barely into EE.

Our friend who was staying at port Orleans struggled with getting a bus at that hour, but ultimately arrived in the park slightly after 8. She was through the ride 10 minutes after us, so not a huge difference at all.

16 Likes

Thanks for the intel!

1 Like

Quite frankly I waited in line for 110 minutes and when we did do the ride I thought was is all the fuss about. It was mediocre at best. Smuggler’s run was way better and the line was way less or about 60 minutes. I am NOT a big Star Wars fans so maybe that is the deal. Give me Flight of Passage and I will wait 2 hours if necessary. No comparision in my book.

1 Like

Can’t say I agree. Smugglers was not super fun for us and we expected to like it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Interesting. I am much more of a fan than most (but not as big of one as dh and dd). Dd and I both thought ROTR was amazing and while we loved Smuggler’s Run, It was so stressful it was difficult to enjoy. We also were able to walk on both so there wasn’t a “was it worth it” consideration.

So they let you through security 45 min before EE opening?! What time did you arrive at the gate?

2 Likes

We arrived at 7:45 and walked right in. There were already people in line who I assume were let in around 7:30?

2 Likes