RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

What did you end up doing?

Fact: on my recent trip my 57year old parents were the weak link in rope dropping. Not me, DH, DD5, DD3, or DD10 months who also ended up with RSV & a double ear infection. It was the 2 grown adults getting themselves ready :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

strange…did they “gift” two more boarding groups after 6:15?

Looks like groups 143 and 144 were called 1 hour and 20 minutes after 142.

Can anyone confirm whether there was down time or did they add two additional groups at the last minute?

1 Like

Fact on my trip: I, the oldest and 58 year old, was up first and rousting every other member of my family up, making coffee and breakfast, and getting the slackers ranging in age from 7 to 55 out the door

Every family is a different and special treasure :grinning:

4 Likes

Exactly what happens in my family too!

2 Likes

My mom is the slowest and has been at every age. She’s got the best looking hair in all the photos, too… coincidence?
It kills DH.
She knows she takes forever and sets her alarm … usually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

My DH is the weak link. He sleeps in until there’s just enough time for him to get dressed and walk out the door. Except he doesn’t just get dressed and walk out the door…he starts making coffee 2 minutes before we’re scheduled to leave, runs to grab something out of the car, sits on the balcony for a few minutes to enjoy the atmosphere, or something else equally ridiculous. This applies to Sunday mornings too. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes
12/18/19 12/19/19
Posted Park Open 7:00 7:00
Posted Park Close 21:00 21:00
MEMH - - - -
EEMH - - - -
Crowd Level (/10) 1 3
Tapstiles EMH - - - -
Tapstiles Open 6:32 6:31
Released into Park 7:00 7:00
BG Res. Opens 7:01 7:00
BG Res. Closes 7:35 8:15
BG Res. Window 0:34 1:15
BG Res. Avg/Hr 187.06 84.80
First BG No. 7 4
First BG Time 7:36 7:05
Last BG Time 16:40 14:35
Highest BG Called 106/106 106/106
BGs per Hour Avg. 11.03 13.73
Adjusted BG/hr 11.03 13.73
BBG Open 7:35 8:15
BBG Close 9:00 11:00
BBG Res. Window 1:25 2:45
BBG Res. Avg/hr 14.12 13.82
BBG End 18:10 19:50
BBG Hi 126 144
BBGs per Hour Avg. 13.33 7.24
BG+BBG / hr Avg. 11.36 11.06
Ride Down (~1hr) 0 1
5 Likes

Oh definitely! I’ve yet to experience the joy of teenagers yet either. My children still think it’s fun to wake up before the sun :persevere:

We did get smart though & start telling my parents to be ready 15 min before we actually needed to leave!

2 Likes

Must have gone down. Our second BG was called just after 5. I decided to skip it as our other plans were some much needed family time (I feel like I’ve been dashing around with just DS1 for a couple days instead of enjoying the parks with the entire family). I just realized I’d gotten another notice around 7:10 that our BG had been called.

2 Likes

There are 6 of us going at the end of January, I’m going to have to wrangle my brother (43), niece (6), mom (65) - needs a scooter, aunt (63), and step-dad (70)…also needs a scooter. Going to be interesting! Kinda happy my SIL couldn’t join due to work, we’d never make rope drop. At least everyone is excited to go on ROTR so they’ll put in the effort. All the commercials for Galaxy’s Edge is what made my step-dad want to go, he’s never joined us before for a Disney trip. He said he’s been to Epcot once, back in the 80’s.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…so help me think here… we have 3 planned HS windows…(party of 6…me, DH, DD18, DS15, twin DS10s)

Mon 1/6
AM EMH in Epcot until ~2pm - should clear 3rd FPP prior to noon
Plan to spend ~3pm-8pm park close at HS
Fantastic dinner pkg (5pm Mama Melrose/8pm Fantasmic)

Tue 1/7
HS scheduled to open 8am-hope to leave by ~3pm for break at hotel (Beach Club)-evening at Epcot EMH
FPP: 9am ST, 10am TSM, 11am Muppets

Thu 1/9
HS scheduled to open 8am-hope to leave by ~1pm for lunch at Epcot and break at hotel (Beach Club)-return to HS in evening
FPP: 830am SDD, 930am ST, 11:30am IJ
5:15pm Oga’s

My original plan (pre BG reveal) was to RD one each of the Star Wars rides on Tue & Thu and try to pick up ToT, RnRC, and Alien Saucers on FP4s at some point. And work in Jedi training signups along the way.

Is the better plan to try to hit MFSR on Mon between dinner & Fantasmic or is that ridiculous? Especially on a full stomach?

Thinking we’ll hope for a late morning/afternoon BG on Tue and if that doesn’t work out (or if we really want to ride again), make a more concerted effort on Thu and be willing to forgo our lunch/break plans that day to make it happen. And we could pick up MFSR Thur evening if it didn’t happen on Mon. And pick up ToT and RnRC on Tue/Thu RD?

How weird is it to ask total strangers what BGs they’re scoring as we try to get a late morning one? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So after all that. My kids were so excited they were up at 530​:sweat_smile::joy:. BG 86!!! We’re excited. Thanks again for all this great info!

5 Likes

When you read the story of Mary and Martha, I bet you feel bad for Martha. I’m like that as well. I mean, come on…she’s the one doing everything and Mary is just…enjoying the moment! That’s just…wrong! :wink:

Sigh

5 Likes

Does this mean that the available open window for a particular boarding group is getting shorter? Or do you still get @pprox 2 hours to ride once your group is called? It would make it more difficult to get there from another park if the window gets slimmer.

1 Like

Well it’s not like the food is going to cook itself, someone has to do it!

My experience today. Clunky and annoyed by boarding groups. I used Verizon, wifi off, and closed all other apps. Refreshed CONSTANTLY. Fingers hurt after. Not a fan of boarding groups!

-bag check 5:56am. No lines at all for bag check. But tapstiles line all way back maybe 20 ft past ticket booth. I saw Skyliner running but not sure if it was just testing or running with guests…saw no one get off.

-6:02 announcement to fill all avail space. Chaos ensues. Back of line walks far up to front towards ticket booth. People not happy

-6:09 cheers from up front. Premature because nothing happened.

-6:27 around when I planned to get here. And lines all way back past security. I think. Can’t see well in my iPhone pic I took but looks like it

-6:31 announcement. And then soon after cheering. Assume tapstiles opened but can’t see

-6:37ish through tapstiles. To the Starbucks line!

-freaking boarding group 50. It wasn’t right at 7 it opened. Maybe 7:00:30.

-7:47 already at BG 20. I have hope to be out of here by 10!

-10:08 the 30s and early 40s have taken forever, but now 43 onward going fast. BG 46 now. Come on 50!

-10:10 awkwardly lurking by entrance. Just called 47. Only 20ish people hanging out like me here waiting for groups to open. Overs ever when groups called only 30ish people were hanging around stalking their BG being called. And one person at least every 2 mins came up and asked: what this ride was. How they ride it. Is this a Bg for the land itself etc etc. anything you could have gleaned from a 5 min research of the park! They also are still handing out backup groups number 167 I believe I heard was given.

-10:26 BG 50!!!

-submitted a 20 min wait on TP once we got on transporter. Not sure if that was the accurate place to submit wait or not!

-11:06 off ride

4 Likes

No, I think you still have 2 hrs to come back once group called.

2 Likes

Bloody hell they GO FAST

Day 16 Timeline 12/20/19
Link to OP

5:10am @littlemermaidmomma arrives at HS; security not yet open
5:30am (Approx) Security lanes open
5:56am @Lenuna through security (20ft past ticket booths)
6:30am Park opens
6:37am @MotocrossTinksMom, Lenuna through tapstiles; held at Hollywood Boulevard
7:00am Published park opening; MTM - BG 15; @NYGIANTMickeyFan - BG 22
7:02am Lenuna - BG 56; LMM - BG 59
7:05am @MamOdie DB - BG 94
7:55am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs
7:59am NYG (BG 22) joins queue
8:39am NYG completes ride
10:26am Lenuna (BG 56) joins queue
11:00am MDE stops issuing BGs
11:06am Lenuna completes ride
11:10am LMM (BG 59) joins queue
11:50am LMM completes ride

3 Likes