RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Has anyone heard how they will handle an EMH morning open? I know ROTR isn’t included as an operable ride during those hours but will they start issuing BGs during the EMH on-site guest opening hour or the off-site guest opening hour??

There isn’t a morning EMH scheduled for a while - they have all been changed to Evening EMH. The next morning one I see is February 2nd. But that could change, and procedure for those days could change.

As a guess, expect that RotR will not be open during morning EMH and that they will not issue BGs until the non-EMH opening time.

Right. We’ll be there for EMH on 2/9. Hopefully it’ll be somewhat more predictable by then. :unamused:Thanks for compiling such great data for us!

1 Like

Funny i was following some of it earlier and did think tjis doesn’t match what I read. This sounds great for my feb

1 Like

2:30pm and they have now called all “initial boarding groups”! Backup BGs will begin to be called shortly.

4 Likes

BG 106 called at 2:35pm! Now onto the backup BGs.

We are seeing the curve starting to diverge from yesterday’s. To me that implies they are running the ride at a higher capacity than yesterday. They may be well on their way to running it at full capacity by Friday. My guess is that they are looking for ~15 BG per hour at full load

Now we just need Angela, Brian, Fred and Len to start counting the people exiting the ride. :wink:

3 Likes

We have two days at HS.

HS Day 1 Plan 0800 PPO Initial thoughts (before they changed BG to PPO) were to get there NLT 0630 to ensure late morning BG and to tour headliners at RD, grabbing day of FPP pretty quickly.

HS Day 2 Plan 0800 PPO Same sort of plan as first day (get there NLT 0630, etc).

But now, the early touring is off the table before PPO and BGs are released at PPO, so I’m thinking 0700 should probably net us a late morning BG? Also, is it still adviseable to RD other things beside MFSR? What is the best time for MFSR then?

If they continue currently announced procedure and BGs aren’t issued till 8am, I imagine they will still let guests in at 7:30am or earlier and hold at Hollywood Boulevard. Getting there at 7am should allow you to be on even footing to get the first BG of the day. Depending on how fast you are, you might get a late morning or early afternoon one (remember this is all speculative this far out).

Keep in mind that they might open some attractions early (SDD, etc.). So it could be to your benefit to get there at 6:30am if you want to RD SDD.

Yes, as of now the pattern has held pretty well - avoid MFSR in the morning. Go to SDD or TSM first. Then do RnRC / ToT and only circle back to MFSR later in the afternoon, evening, or when you have time. (This pattern has held all year at DLR, by the way - I expect this won’t change until FPP arrives.)

1 Like

Just to add some hard data, here’s what MFSR wait times looked like yesterday:

In contrast, here is the pattern at SDD (much more typical for a headliner, but still tapering off more than usual in the evening since everyone arrived at 6am):

2 Likes

How come I cant see the nice pink lines when go to the attraction and look at yesterday’s data?

Is there a secret way of looking at the chart that I am not privy to?

1 Like

Nevermind…found it. Need to look at the wait times for the whole park and then the pink lines show up. If you just pick the attraction and then click on view full forecast and then click on previous day, the pink lines do not show up.

1 Like

I accessed the chart here. Are you a subscriber? The pink line is the “observed” wait times, btw.

Yes! Been part of touring pans since I discovered it back in 2009.

Here is what I see…

1 Like

For people reading this who don’t know, the green dots are submitted by Liners on the app. They judge the wait time based on when they enter the queue (i.e., they already had a BG and waited till it was called before starting the timer). So this is the time actually in the queue for the ride. As I would expect based on anecdotal evidence, it is lowest at park opening and peaks around 50 minutes in the afternoon.

@missoverexcited - or anyone - do you recall when they told Liners to stop the timer? At the transport? Or at the main ride vehicle? I know I saw staff post about early on but can’t remember.

I don’t remember, sorry.

1 Like

Just got the call! Not sure if we’ll have time to do it. Can I gift it to a couple bystanders? We need to pass by RoTR for our Oga’s ADR.

1 Like

Talk to the Oga’s people to see if you can modify later and do RotR now (or vice versa). I don’t think you can gift a BG to anyone unless it’s a paper FP.

2 Likes

Looks like ROTR is going to set a BG record today! Go!!

2 Likes

They must be gradually addressing the operational problems.

1 Like

Today they peaked at BG 142, the highest yet since opening on 12/5! It looks like they are done calling BGs for the day as of the last 20 min or so (6:30pm). Should be much easier to get a BG going forward than it has been.

6 Likes